Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my dads ranger out tonight to meet up with a few of my buddies. One has a late 90s ranger 2WD with a 3.0 V6 Automatic. The other has an 86 F-150 with 4WD and no exhuast and a 2inch TB spacer and K&N Filter with a 4spd. My dads ranger is a 4.0 V6 with a K&N intake and Gibson Catback and a 4.10 rear with a Limited Slip. Well i smoked both of those trucks everytime we tried. Than a 99-00 EX with a 5spd, fart can and Intake(? he had an AEM sticker) was tryin to mess with us. He got right up on my bumper and than shot to my right and tried to run me. Well, i hammered it and walked away from him like it was nothing. Than we got to a stoplight and he tried to run me there, well that was no contest, i had 6 lengths on him in no time. Than he tried from a 60 roll and i started to pull him right away, i took it up to 100 and by that time I was gone. I had my camera but i left it in the truck and the cold zapped the battery. That truck is pretty damn quick i must say

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Meh, I've driven a 4.0 with the manual tranny, decent thrust and handling, fun... but I could never see the stoplights because the roof went too far forward. Annoying! I had to darn near set my cheek on the steering wheel just to see up to the light.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i have a 98 ranger 4.0L for a work truck, and even with all the weight of the 3door topper, and my equipment, N/A civics dont stand a chance.....

i like it, i am not sure of the rear end, what ever stock is ( i've never searched for it )

that and this one loves it when you powerbrake/launch it

foot on brake hold down while giving it gas, right at the point it wont hold anymore.....

green light and GoNE................

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i launched it once and chirpped 1-2. Bitch got up and walked the 150 like it was a toy. The civic was hilarious trying to run me. He would get so close than id let him have it. I never did get to catch him at a light again.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha true dat. Ive gotten a 4cyl. accord with a fart can and what not too. everytime i go out i never find anything good to mess with.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn skippy, to bad my car wont be a 1.5 or a slowmatic when its done. lol id prob. give my left nut for that cobra

·
Registered
47 Posts
Going back to talking about the ranger.I had a 02 reg cab with the 4.0 and auto.With intake and exhaust it went 15.1 in the quarter,and I've heard of a few being faster than that

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i would assume this is a 14 second truck. The new 4.0 is a lot better than the older ones. Its the same one from the mustang, plus with the 5Spd auto and 4.10 rear, it smokes.

O, BTW, wiped an early 2000's maxima tonight in the crown vic and a chick in a tiburon with fart cans last night

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I love racing cars with a truck. my 98 GMC 4x4 was so fun to mess around in cuz it had 265/75LT16 tires on it (32" tall roughy) and was basically stock. I had a Full size truck doing donuts, burnouts and was able to chirp the tires in the 1-2 shift if i gave it the right throttle input. My civic can't touch the truck off the line, but they have completey different powerbands and the truck would start to get slow after 100mph. My 4.3L felt a helluva lot more powerful with over 200k on the odo than a broken in 04 F-150 with the 5.4L triton. those are worthless IMO...

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ford de-tuned the new 5.4 from the factory. it really is lacking in power. Just a tuner will do wonders for those trucks. I cant wait for the new 6.2L OHC motor to go into the 150's and the mustang. The ranger is rolling on 31x10.5s

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i have a 4banger mazda bseries truck aka ford ranger 4banger as my2nd vehicle and i still find myself racing random ass people who usually kick my ass, i always think God I Wish I Had My Sol Right Now

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, the 2.3 is kinda pathetic. im glad that the only car i gotta worry about being smoked in is my moms corolla. Ive had a few times that i wish i had my sol instead of it

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Cummins and powerstrokes can haul ass if done right. I know a few guys running big numbers in them. A guy that works with my dad went to Wyotech for diesel and built his own Cummins engine. 750 hp and 1450 ft/lbs to the wheels

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
The Cummins and powerstrokes can haul ass if done right. I know a few guys running big numbers in them. A guy that works with my dad went to Wyotech for diesel and built his own Cummins engine. 750 hp and 1450 ft/lbs to the wheels
Powerstrokes can make big power, but their quality is a tad sketchy.
Cummins have the most potential of all of the big 3 (chev, ford, dodge) with some people modifying them to the point where the intake can crumple air filters and buckle down the hood under full throttle (awesome!)

Duramax's are an awesome choice as well with a bucketload of brutal torque. It will pin you back in your seat with the right setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts