Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for sources for new pistons for a D16A6 build. I'm building the engine to the SCCA Street Prepared rules which allow a maximum of .040" over bore but the pistons have to be the same configuration as stock (forged are ok). Obviously I could go with the double oversized Honda pistons but that's only about a .020" overbore and I'm looking for all of the additional displacement and compression I can get.

One person said he found .040 pistons from ACL, but I can't find any domestic sources for ACL pistons on the internet.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
ARIAS has them on the shelf... Call there and you want to talk to Tom Jung...310-532-9737

·
Registered
15 Posts
.040 pistons SP/IT legal

I've been looking into the same thing myself, but, well, I don't think I can shell out that much right now... but King Motorsports has a piston set:

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=67

(scroll down a little way)

"... high quality forged piston that meets SCCA specification for use in the Improved Touring class. Designed specifically for the 88-91 Civic and CRX platform; D16Z6 engine. The pistons are .040” oversize so you can reach the maximum bore spec..."

I believe the mention of the 'Z6' is some sort of typo, but you may want to ask and make sure. I believe this is a legal option in CSP, as the rules are 'somewhat interchangeable' between the two classifications- you may want to verify that, tough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called ARAIS and Tom said he didn't have any. King Motorsports are the only source I've found so far. Theirs are custom made Weisco's but the price is higher than I'd like. Anyone else have an idea?

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts