Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I dont know if this should be posted here or in the diy. Its not much of a diy just what i did. Mods feel free to move it.

So I been using the spark plug no fouler trick for the rear o2 sensor like most of you.
Well long story short my o2 has gone out. Obd2 scan show 1.27 volts and i get a code for rear o2 voltage high.
Basically my o2 sensor is dead and isnt reading anything. I been riding with the light on and its been bugging me so i decided to do something about it.

I build a electric o2 simulator.
Many of you have probably seen this diagram online.

Now most of you cant read that for shit. And those who can probably get confused when you try to put it together. Idk why they made the diagrams like that when the chip isnt build like that.

So i transfer the diagram to my breadboard then made my own diagram.
I always make them on graph paper since it copies a breadboard or project board lay out. Just solder across and all is good.

Here my revise of it.

And the finally build all solder up and retested.
I tape up the bottom and hotglue the top. I plan to put it into a box or remake one with a pcb board.
(taped up and hotglue board not pix
I did some in house testing and it works good.
I did test it on the car but i still need some resistor for the o2 sensor heater.
2x 10watt 10ohm will do the trick but radioshack didnt have any and havent made a trip to frys yet.

But im probably going to just use my o2 sensor and wire the sim to the ecu.
It should fix all the problems and pass emission. ( i dont have testings until feb 2014)

I hope this helps out some of you guys.
And price for this is cheap. In fact i had every part needed but the 22uf cap which i could of desolder from something. But thats me i order a ton of stuff long time ago.

*edit

best place for resistor codes if anyone needs to know.
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/calc/resistor-code-calculator.php

Attachments

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Badass!!! I had a aftermarket one on my dodge truck with a gutted cat. I could never find them anywhere else though.

Sick write up dude!! Straight pipe everything lol

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sick write up!!!

So it basically just "pretends" its an o2 sensor which is reading 14.7?

Awesome shit!
Yep it gives the ecu a nice reading telling it that all is good with the cat.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Badass!!! I had a aftermarket one on my dodge truck with a gutted cat. I could never find them anywhere else though.

Sick write up dude!! Straight pipe everything lol
the people who made them got shut down by the gov't a few years back

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
How can they sut them down like that, as long as when they sell it the box says for "off road/racing use only, illegal to install on street vehicle."

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea in the end they shut down everyone, only place i seen selling it is oversea and they want $90-$100 and some cant ship to the USA, but freedom of speech give your the right to post diagrams and what not. Just cant sell them ;D

I was going to buy one back in the day they wanted $40 plus shipping. Then i was like hell i can make one just never got around to cause i didnt have a need to, but as said that cel has been bugging the hell out of me.
So for less then $15 and some time you can make your own.

and thanx for the rep guys. If i get some time ill post a video of it in action.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So just updating this.
I went to frys and found the 10watt 10ohm resistor. 2bucks for 2.

(damn good pix for a cellphone lol)
I test install them and the light went off, but the resistors get a little to hot for me liking so i plan to mount them in the engine bay where the heat wont effect anything.

I dont wanna melt any plastic or burn the carpet in the cabin.

Here is a pix of what im working with now. I solder one end of the resistors together and the other end has 2 leads going to the o2 sensor clip.

Also ran into a small problem where the output of the sim was getting to .9 volts. Thats a lil to high and would give a reading of rich. Found out it did this because when the car is started it puts out 14volts vs 12v while no running. But simple enough to counter. Im going to add a resistor to the power wire on the sim and it will drop the output volts.

I also think my leds are of different volts then the diagram. They ask for 1.7 volts but i think i have either 1.5 or 2v leds.

Oh Well ill try to get this all finish this week end and see how long and if the lights comes back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
So I dont know if this should be posted here or in the diy. Its not much of a diy just what i did. Mods feel free to move it.

So I been using the spark plug no fouler trick for the rear o2 sensor like most of you.
Well long story short my o2 has gone out. Obd2 scan show 1.27 volts and i get a code for rear o2 voltage high.
Basically my o2 sensor is dead and isnt reading anything. I been riding with the light on and its been bugging me so i decided to do something about it.

I build a electric o2 simulator.
Many of you have probably seen this diagram online.

Now most of you cant read that for shit. And those who can probably get confused when you try to put it together. Idk why they made the diagrams like that when the chip isnt build like that.

So i transfer the diagram to my breadboard then made my own diagram.
I always make them on graph paper since it copies a breadboard or project board lay out. Just solder across and all is good.

Here my revise of it.

And the finally build all solder up and retested.
I tape up the bottom and hotglue the top. I plan to put it into a box or remake one with a pcb board.
(taped up and hotglue board not pix
I did some in house testing and it works good.
I did test it on the car but i still need some resistor for the o2 sensor heater.
2x 10watt 10ohm will do the trick but radioshack didnt have any and havent made a trip to frys yet.

But im probably going to just use my o2 sensor and wire the sim to the ecu.
It should fix all the problems and pass emission. ( i dont have testings until feb 2014)

I hope this helps out some of you guys.
And price for this is cheap. In fact i had every part needed but the 22uf cap which i could of desolder from something. But thats me i order a ton of stuff long time ago.

*edit

best place for resistor codes if anyone needs to know.
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/calc/resistor-code-calculator.php
So we follow that scematic and it tells the computer it has an o2 but with no o2? Right? I got a buddy who makes little electronics stuff like this. Gonna send it to him and have him make me one. Would I need one per o2 or will one suffice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
an update for those who care.
I didnt get around to putting in the resistor so said forget it and install everything as is.

Well a lil more then 300miles and light is still off. and obd2 scanner had everything ready the day after install.

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Add a 5V regulator to the power everything and then scale your resistor ladder to get the proper voltage swing at the output - then the device won't care if the motor is running or not. Less than a dollar to make it perfectly stable...

Kirk

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Add a 5V regulator to the power everything and then scale your resistor ladder to get the proper voltage swing at the output - then the device won't care if the motor is running or not. Less than a dollar to make it perfectly stable...

Kirk
yea i got like 20 volt regs lol.. I order a ton of parts for some of my other stuff i do.
I also made a digital keylock for doors and safes n stuff. reporgramable code and uses a lot of the same parts. Order in bulk online and part less then radioshack for one.

But yea the voltage is swing between .9 and .7 high then .2 - .3 low so all is good. Reading look good and the ecu seems to like them.
It would pass an emission test right now so all is good.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
when i needed on for the EJ8 i just paid $15 for one on 02simulator.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts