Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters i have a 95 del sol with a d16y8 swap in it. I recently got a new exhaust from the header back. My stock exhaust manifold had on 02 sensor threaded into the top part near the head where the 4 pipes come down. The kicker hear is it was never plugged in to anything. (it was threaded into manifold but where and plug just hung freely) No CEL. My new header is a 2 peice 4-2-1 and has the 02 sensor bung in the same spot as the stock manifold. There is also one a hole for a sensor on the down pipe (2nd peice of header before the cat. I have a universal high flow cat welded ( doesnt have a 02 sensor hole) For now i have both holes plugged with 02 sensor plug bolts. Now it seems like my car hesitates or bucks at low rpm. Will not running 02 sensors cause this? Like i said the 02 sensor was screwed into stock manifold but not plugged in to anything there for i just capped it off on the new header. But now its running funny. That and will it cause me to fail emissons? Another question is would i need to use an 02 sensors in both holes?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Why not put the o2 sensor in and see off it helps. Yes you will fail without it. You only need one o2 sensor plugged in if using an obd1 (p28,p06) ecu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont see a receiving plug hanging anywhere for the primary. and the second hole is on the lower part of the header near the cat. Why would i need two 02 sensors before the cat?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes im using the p06. so you suggest i buy a primary 02 and thread it into the hole on the header closest to the head? the problem is i dont see a receiving plug anywhere the i can plug the 02 sensor into.. it wasnt plugged in with my stock exhaust mani

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im running a p06 ecu. with a 2 peice header (one hole for 02 sensor closest where the header bolts to the head, and another hole at the end of the header underneath the car.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You only need one o2 sensor. Either hole will work. The o2 plug should be under the distributor area unless some one moved it to the back. Pics below shows what the o2 plug looks like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats where i checked. I didnt see anything, when you say to the back where would be a good place to spot for it?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
my guess would be around the thermostat housing area or around the t-bracket area...do you see any cut wires?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
it could all so be hanging by the oil filter..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i dont see any cut wires ill check those spots tomorrow, its already dark out where i live. If i find it i'll defenitely end up buying the 02 sensor. Will i need to reset the ecu afterwards? I'm not currently throwing any codes

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
your ecu might be chipped.. take the top cover off of your ecu and post pics of the inside of ecu...

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
the o2 sensor is most likely turned off and thats why you dont have a code for the o2 sensor..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how do i turn it on after i install 02 sensor. I need this done because i need my car inspected and emissions done this month.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
sounds like you might be from PA. the car is a 95 it only has 1 o2 period. as 2jz said the connector will be there in one of those spots unless someone cut it out. to turn o2 on in your chipped ecu it needs to have chip reburnt for proper parameters. whats it tuned on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

I found this plug by the oil filter would this be it? And im not sure what it was tuned on. Im assuming a basemap?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That's not the o2 sensor plug. That's the crank sensor plug,not needed for your app.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmm i didnt find anything other than that, i dont get why they would cut it out?
I dont see any signs of a hack job

1 - 20 of 26 Posts