Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d16y8 with a p28 ecu in my 92 civic...i need to change the 02 sensor...which one would i buy or are they both the same? Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Unless you've changed the settings in the ECU, just use a Z6 O2 sensor

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go to Advance or AutoZone or even Napa and get a BOSCH OE sensor. pre-cat its like 65 bucks, remember the military discount!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already did that, hey how did you tell if your ECU is going bad or not? I get an irradic idle sometimes and it doesnt throw a code but when it idles crazy i can be pushing the gas all the way down but it just chokes it self out

·
Registered
96 civic
88 Posts
My civic has been sitting for a while and its doing the same thing u just said, I think it has something to do with the map sensor, or tps sensor, i need to check my engine codes and i can probably tell u what sensor makes it do that. I dont think the o2 will make it bog down like u've described, As for my opinion on bosch universal o2 sensors, they're pure crap, i had mine for 6 months and went bad and i've heard of lots of other peoples doing that, try to find a used honda o2 sensor

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think the civic has a tps sensor, because i went to napa to get one and autozone and it says they are not on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts