Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 civic lx. just did the mini me swap last night went to start it up and it cranked but didnt fire... im getting fuel and compression, just not spark... this guy ron on hondacivicforums.com gave me a trouble shooting guide and i went through the whole list. and the only thing i can come up with is that the coil packs for some reason just all burnt out. but i kept the lx ecu in until i get the vafc which i will be getting a few days.. people keep questioning me if my timing is right and it is 100 percent dead on. i have double and triple checked it. all wires are plugged in everything is just how it was except for the change of the head. i am getting power from the black/white wire on the coil packs and i am getting a good ground. and i am getting around .5v to .7v on the wires from the ecu to the coil packs.. but for some reason it just doesnt seem to spark the plugs... grounds are all checked and good. replaced the cam and the crankshaft position sensor. replaced spark plugs... so im thinking its just the coils went bad for some reason.. anybody else think it is just dumb luck that all my ignition coils blow out all at once? the ignition fuses are all good. the wires are fine.... its just from the coil plugs to the spark plugs are getting no power... and the only thing between those are the coil packs... any suggestions?:noway:

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
We've tried dude, this doesn't make sense.

Last thing I would do is either find someone local with a 7th gen and try swapping the coilpacks, or buy a new set and if that doesn't fix the problem, return it.

You've said you wired in the VTEC solenoid yourself. What I would do is retrace al your steps and try to get it back to the state it was in when it ran - minus pulling the EX head. I would disconnect the VTEC solly wiring that you did, if you haven't alrleady and try that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedfoo.. i already undid all the wiring that i did myself... im thinking somehow even though the battery was disconnected that the coils got messed up or something with the ecu isnt right for some reason.... i just dont get it.. im a mechanic and i dont know what is wrong lol

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
just throwing it out there but how about the ecu ground thats bolts on to the thermostat housing??

·
Registered
311 Posts
check all sensors if they are plugged cause i seriously doubt all 4 packs went out at once

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's not an immobilizer issue is it? I'm not exactly sure what they cut out of the mix but when the immobilizer is engaged the car will crank but not start. Look at the green light on your dash. Make sure it goes out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bout the same problem no spark?? but I arced the starter created a spark and it stoped firing what could that be anybody ..?? help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts