Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 6have a mild delima,i swapped the transmission in this car.on the wiring harness I didn't unplug the wires, I cut them.i know, I know long story. Anyway so I'm down to the last three solid green wires.
I've been researching this for two weeks, from info from this forum.
The 3 solid green wires, one goes to the tdc sensor .one goes to the countershaft speed ground,this is the transmission. And the last goes to the cooling fan motor sensor .
My problem is that I don't know where the wires go to the icu.
The transmission that I put it in has only 76000 miles on it, and low and behold, the d flashes on the dashboard. When I put shift in D the transmission acts like it's a standard and the clutch is partially out,in other words its slips.
Yes the fluid is new and full
Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post pics of the wiring and where they go into the trans at

Ecu pinout - Honda Civic Forum
I don't know how well what I wrote got to everyone, I know it's a little confusing.
Anyway the 3 green wires, one goes to the countershaft speed sensor ground, the other 2 don't go to the transmission.
One is the tdc sensor, the other goes to the cooling fan sensor r by the thermostat.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
529 Posts
Are the three wires in question GRN/WHT (green large outer color, small white trace through the middle)?

I have a feeling these wires are signal return, and it doesn't matter which component they go to, as signal return is the common for all of those components. As long as you have these wires in their correct pin/terminal locations at their respective connectors, things should work fine.

Do you have schematics for this car?

If not, you should definitely acquire them. Doing wiring blind is like driving 3000 miles in any direction without a map. You wont know where the hell you'll end up.

You might be able to confirm that those 3 wires are in fact signal return just by pulling up the schematics on the components you mentioned, and seeing if the wire color and its function are common between those components and they lead to the same place, probably an ECU.

The proper way to do it is to use a multimeter to trace those wires back through the harness to the point of origin. Once you know the wire origin, locate the specific circuit diagram for the component you ended up at, and look at all circuit diagrams related to this component. This circuit diagram you pull up will show you what connector pin that wire ends up going to in the engine bay, and to what component(s) it belongs with.

With schematics, service manual and a multimeter, it shouldn't take you too long to trace the wires and identify correct components, circuits and connector pin/terminal destinations.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
529 Posts
The flashing D among other transmission drivability symptoms is due to the ECU not receiving all critical inputs required for proper shift strategy and performance.

Countershaft speed sensor is a critical input to the ECU in regards to shift performance and accuracy. Without it, you'll have the flashing D and be in limp home mode until all of the critical inputs have been repaired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just ohm it from broken wire to ecu plug?
Actually I am a little beyond that.
In the engine compartment I have 2 solid yellow wires that I have identified to the ecu.
In the engine compartment it's a little different, the other end goes to sensor return voltage. and the other goes to sensor switch D.
That's the yellows.
Now the solid green wires I've done the same thing, I know which ones they are at the cut,but after the cut is a mystery.

BTW,to all of you that are giving me tip,I went to the dealer for a schematic//they couldn't help me//went to a place called Custom Car Care// and again they said sorry can't help you.
I did get ahold of a gentleman that has a schematic program at his garage//he's out sick.
I've searched on line at schematics and none of them are correct, any I go in for heart surgery tomorrow at 6am/still plucking/thanks for all the tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the three wires in question GRN/WHT (green large outer color, small white trace through the middle)?

I have a feeling these wires are signal return, and it doesn't matter which component they go to, as signal return is the common for all of those components. As long as you have these wires in their correct pin/terminal locations at their respective connectors, things should work fine.

Do you have schematics for this car?

If not, you should definitely acquire them. Doing wiring blind is like driving 3000 miles in any direction without a map. You wont know where the hell you'll end up.

You might be able to confirm that those 3 wires are in fact signal return just by pulling up the schematics on the components you mentioned, and seeing if the wire color and its function are common between those components and they lead to the same place, probably an ECU.

The proper way to do it is to use a multimeter to trace those wires back through the harness to the point of origin. Once you know the wire origin, locate the specific circuit diagram for the component you ended up at, and look at all circuit diagrams related to this component. This circuit diagram you pull up will show you what connector pin that wire ends up going to in the engine bay, and to what component(s) it belongs with.

With schematics, service manual and a multimeter, it shouldn't take you too long to trace the wires and identify correct components, circuits and connector pin/terminal destinations.
So anyway just got done tinkering with the ohm meter ,and I found that the long bottom plugg in the ecu does ohm out to this fitting ,is this fitting the sensor switch D?,or is it for it

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So anyway just got done tinkering with the ohm meter ,and I found that the long bottom plugg in the ecu does ohm out to this fitting ,is this fitting the sensor switch D?,or is it for it
Ok guys, well heart surgery is done, I'm still. Alive ,Yaaaah
.unfortunately the bailout, my wiring diagram, is to say the least very NOT.
It tells squot.so anyway with doing homework ,the yellow wires in on this car go to sensor return voltage and the other to the neutral safety switch,which the wires were switched, and the engine wouldn't start unless you cranked the hell out of it.then after I switched them it starts r up. Also still the D flashes .I had the the ignition switch out of lock and slipped the shifter in n she started R up then put the shifter in D hit the key,she wouldn't start,telling me these are correct.
Ok now for the greens,one goes to transmission speed sensor, R by the dipstick, one wire goes to the TDC Sensor, and the other the cooling fan switch.
Now with the car starting R up n hesitation, tells me that the TDC Sensor is correct

The other I have concerns with is is the cooling fan switch.
This switch has 2wires go to it ,one solid green (so yes this is another mystery wire).
Anyway I pulled the connector apart and with the ignition on or the engine running checking from green to to ground, I have 11.8volts.After this long ass story,DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT ?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
did you report my post to me?

whats the complaint?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
just checking. didn't state anything in the report.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's guys,well I broke down and bought a engine scanner.
I scanned car lock/up solenoid a 1753/I think.
So found the part at auto zone, also check continuity to the plug.
The yellow wire w white stripe had no continuity to the harness where I cut the wires, so I ran another wire from the harness ,and of course low and behold ,got the car running and checked the scanner and once again SAME DAMN FAULT.
WENT back to auto zone got another solenoid/YES ANOTHER one. AND SAME THING /WTF honestly I'm so pissed

yes key on and jumping the ect terminal should of kicked the fan on basically simulating the the switch closing the loop and this did no happen. later found out it was because i was not completing the circuit via the plug "A" or dash harness. I have since swapped the obd2a harness back into the car and wired vtec accordingly just need to sell my ecu and procure an obd1 p28 pinned for my s300.
Hey bud you mentioned the cooling fan on plug A of the icu,that is correct?Right?and one of the wires is green correct?
Plug A is the top plug correct

Hey bud you mentioned the cooling fan on plug A of the icu,that is correct?Right?and one of the wires is green correct?
Plug A is the top plug correct
Quick question,the sensor by the dipstick (countershaft speed sensor),has a green wire going to it,btw this is the engine compartment side, because at the icu,the wire color changes,just not sure which plug it is ,,, any ideas??????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts