Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a poser for yas , i been workin on cars longg time and i cant figure it out. i have an 01 civic Ex(Si here in canada for some dum reason). when i downshift the car well say from 4th to 3rd and revs come up to like 4 well say , without pushing the gas pedal like slowing down , my car bucks over and over. not just 3rd either , 2nd as well when slowing down. no engine light , have tried resetting ECU , even took my intake off thinking maybe leak somewhere. any insight if anyone has heard of this prolem in 7th gen civic would be awsome its driving me crazy. also my car has 145,000 kilometers on it(not all easy , lol) and i already have to put mainshaft bearings in the tranny. which sucks. not alot of money to fix but alot of work. when your in neutral with the clutch out and idling you can hear the bearings clicking and making noise. even during takeoff when accelerating you can hear them , its an evil noise man , lol

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OBX full stainless race header an borla axle back exhaust. had an intake on it but took it off for this prolem and didnt fix anything. like i said im very well versed in hondas i just cant figure this out. just started doing it one day. heres another tidbit of info about how its acting. when im driving and car in gear , ill step on clutch while still moving at speed and watch the revs , and my tach used to just settle down to about 1100 rpms and stay there while moving. which is normal. now when i step on clutch in same scenario , my revs will drop suddenly to normal idle when sitting , 750 rpm , than jump right back up to where it should be , almost like an iacv if you know what im saying. any help man would be bomb.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nooo , lol , jesus man , car runs fine when under throttle. its never been apart yet. and lets not forget , we have no dizzys. i tried unplugging couple things , purge solenoid and IACV , still bucked , im not sure whats going on. one thing i can tell ya , its not timing issue. thanks for the try though dude , much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts