Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an 01 ex and am having some issues I came from a mustang which had a very heavy but great feeling steering setup now I know the civic is fwd but while driving the steering is very very light almost floaty and the whole car feels nervous the steering is easily affected by the road and it seems to be quite poor in the corners with regards to pushing and compared to the mustang there is virtually no road feedback so it makes you unsure of weather the car is nearing its handling limits

Where do I start to fix this its killing me because you can't relax at all you have to constantly focus on steering the car

Please help

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,477 Posts
why do an alignment if the tie rods are shot? or the bushings toast?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
worn bushings, know issue on that generation....like replace every 60k miles.
What bushings like LCA's because that sounds kinda right because others have had bumpsteer from LCA issues is there a way to check because those are a pita right meaning pricey at a shop lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,308 Posts
Wow you're so helpful I'll just do that every time my car has a fault until I have a Benz patent motor wagon
He says this because unless you are doing all the repair work yourself a shop will rape you and the cost of the work will total what you paid for the worn out car.

ie these cars are not worth putting money into .

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
I think y'all missed the point, the 7th gen are just junk and he suggested buying a 6th gen in its place. Am I the only one seeing this?

And I say they are junk and I own one.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Exactly. OP obviously cares about how the car feels and performs. Why start with a platform that is shit when you can get a car at least one year older that is better.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It was actually excellent advice, 2000 ended the last of the decent civics imo, you got the first year of a new model, which are often buggy, and it was shit compared to the previous model in a lot of ways.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
My biggest problem with the car is the stupid amount of shit required to do a simple job, like a timing belt or a head gasket. That and the suspension is shit, completely shit. I do look how my car looks though, it is a sexy beast and would do well with a k24 6spd swap.

EDIT:

Sexy beast, except for the gay ass UT sticker in the tint.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
That type of bushing on the rear of the arm (vertical hole) is a retarded design, unfortunately many cars use it.

If you can be w/o the far for a few days and can pull parts off yourself, it won't be very expensive. Probably cheaper than buying an older civic, lol. Have a shop press out the old bushings & put in the new. A new arm is $38+s/h from rockauto.com while each bushing is $5-7, 4 total.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife has an 03 EX. Its always been a vague and totally unresponsive car even after replacing all the ball joints, front control arms with new bushings, tie rod ends, sway bar links. Even the koni yellows and eiback prokit springs didnt help. The steering has a dead spot in the middle, maybe the rack is toast but I'd rather have that soul sucking pos crushed.

My 98 hatch with 4 blown struts invokes a boatload more confidence when entering a corner.

*edit*

cant say its ugly though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts