Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since 01 civic has a dseries engine in it can u put another desries engine in it with the same mounts?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
paully said:
since 01 civic has a dseries engine in it can u put another desries engine in it with the same mounts?

Probably not with the same mounts but you can put just about any engine in the 7th Gen. They have mounts for D's, B's, and K's.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
No you can only swap in the K series.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
paully said:
but.... why?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
the y8 mani will fit to the d17 WITH modifications, the bolt patterns don't completely match up together...and to answer the question about the head swapping, don't even bother tring or researching, cause the bolt patterns are different and the head gasket are different...in fact the d17 only shares the fact that it rotates counterclockwise, it is SOHC, same bore, and same flow priciples as all other d-series, and that is where the similarities end, they do not share the same bolt patterns, they don't share the same internals, cranks, oil filters, fuel systems, intake mani, gaskets, seals, camshaft, not even the same VTEC, the ex model uses the VTEC-E technology...the d17 is DEFINITLY the bastard child of the honda motors, not to mention that the motor doesn't hold up well to ANY over heating...if you drive an 01+ civic, the BEST upgrade you can do, short of a complete rebuild with aftermarket parts for the d17, is swapping in the k-series motors, those things are beautiful motors...hope this helps out...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ Just not the k20a3. Get the type S or R k20. I just read that that '02 civic si k20a3 is a I-VTEC-E. Whereas the k20a"X"s are I-VTEC. Beretta do you mean they directly swap in on the stock mounts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
how much are the k20a3's going for? that wouldnt be a bad idea if its a good amount cheaper than the type s engines. that's the 02-03 civic si engine right?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
around my area, k20 swaps are damn near $10000. but that includes custom axles, header, wire harness, ecu, etc.... and that quote was for an EK, it might be different for yours.

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
I hear that you can get it done for around $6k-$7k, but I'm not really positive. I know it's a lot of work. I was looking to do one....I'm now going to sell my car and just get one that offers more options.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts