Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY buddy has a 01 2 dr lx non-vtec. My question is will the Jackson Racing supercharger fit from a 99-00 Civic and how hard would the install be? Should it just plug n play for the most part or will it need a decent amount of fabrication? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nope it wont work! Different bolt pattern ect.. I have seen somebody convert too Y8 mani on d17 but it was alot of work. And no results came out of doing it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't have it on jackson's site but has anybody seen or done a sc d17? That would be a first and something pretty cool to do. Maybe somebody here may know of a place.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No one makes an S/C for the D17 that replaces the Intake mani. like the JRSC. Only thing you would be able to do is buy a vortech type and make custom brakets to hold it on, but in the end it would cost so damn much you might as well do a Turbo buildup.

B

·
0 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
Nope it wont work! Different bolt pattern ect.. I have seen somebody convert too Y8 mani on d17 but it was alot of work. And no results came out of doing it.
if your talkin about the guy from 7thgen, i think he ended up selling it too in the end if i'm not mistaken. yeah and as for JRSC don't count on it and don't believe the rumors that they are making one cause that is also false. boost is the only way to go.

·
0 Posts
im sure you could do it , it probably will take a little bit of fabrication to get it to work

S

·
0 Posts
91Bhatch said:
im sure you could do it , it probably will take a little bit of fabrication to get it to work

From what I understand about the Y8 Manifold, two of the bolt holes had to be enlarged, and some wiring had to be done for the injectors, tps and iac sensors as well as a different throttle body. Other than that your other concern might be the fan belt and whether or not it will line up with some of the other accessories.

S

·
0 Posts
exactly what did he have to do to the y8 intake. cuz i HATE the stupid ass plastic manifold on my 01 EX with the vertical throttle body?

S

·
0 Posts
well what about the idle/air valve on the back of the Y8 intake, and on the throttle body on the A2? Or is it even worth it if i plan to run boost?

·
Registered
132 Posts
my buddy on 7th gen has a civic and we both are wondering why they haven't come up with a s/c yet. Turbo kits are hard to come by too. I didn't think they were high compression motors. Is there a lack on space in the engine bay. I think I need to do my research.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Simple really, they're bubble cars and were poorly made after 2000. :( The demand simply isn't there to make a SC or TC for a d17, because the cars they came with weren't hits in the import community.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats why they are hopefully going to get the cars back on the streets with the new ones. The si will since its a similar k20 and the kit should be damn near close to bolt up. But i'm not 100% sure. anything is possible.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts