Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See attached pictures. I doubt that I caused this damage when I was cleaning it but I very well could have. Will this cause any problems? It’s a gauge that catches my fingernail and is clearly visible.
Watch Rim Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Machine
Wood Tool Bicycle part Household hardware Metal

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,237 Posts
Are you talking about this?

Watch Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine

If so, no. That is not of concern. The RTV silicone will fill it and never notice it was there.

When you said oil pump damage, I thought you were gonna show us carnage of what is usually found under this cover:

Crankset Tool Bicycle part Wood Bicycle drivetrain part

Have you opened that cover yet?

Is this a used pump? Are you installing this on a rebuilt engine? If so, you need to take this thing completely apart, clean it, inspect the rotors for excessive wear and damage, and pack the rotors before reinstallation on the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about this?

View attachment 141793

If so, no. That is not of concern. The RTV silicone will fill it and never notice it was there.

When you said oil pump damage, I thought you were gonna show us carnage of what is usually found under this cover:

View attachment 141794

Have you opened that cover yet?

Is this a used pump? Are you installing this on a rebuilt engine? If so, you need to take this thing completely apart, clean it, inspect the rotors for excessive wear and damage, and pack the rotors before reinstallation on the engine.
see the red arrow. Pointing to a long curved linear gauge.
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive design Watch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.