Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm somewhat fairly new I've only posted a few times around the forums. However I've never posted actual pictures or updates about my car. So here goes:

The car still has a stock d16y8 I'm going to go look at another stock d16y8 this weekend, I'm planning on doing a vitara boost build. But because this is my daily driver I can't just work on the motor I have now. When I first got the car it was being neglected for two years straight sitting out in the open. It had a few problems here and there including a huge dent on the side from a side swipe. Since I've gotten the car I've done quite a few things to the exterior and interior to get it to where it is now. I'll try to find some pictures from when I got the car. But here are some recent pictures of the car, let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Acura EL
0 Posts
Nice ride man , really liking the wheel set up , what size tires and wheels ? Like that it's wide and the stance is perfect

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice ride man , really liking the wheel set up , what size tires and wheels ? Like that it's wide and the stance is perfect

Thanks man! The tires are 195/45/16
And the wheels are 16X8.5 Offset +20

·
Registered
2000 Acura EL
0 Posts
That splitter looks amazing , any rubbing with the 16x8 ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That splitter looks amazing , any rubbing with the 16x8 ??

Thanks man I appreciate that. I had to roll the quarter panels and cut a part of the inside splitter so it wouldn't rub with the tires when I turned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update guys, so last night I went to go pick up a d16Y8 with a rod knock for real cheap. I'm planning on pulling it apart and rebuilding it with vitara pistons and eagle rods and New everything. The engine also came with the tranny which is cool even tho I'm probably going to end up using the one I have now. Depending on how I feel I might rebuild the new tranny with new parts and add LSD. For now tho I'm more focused on just the engine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
1 Posts
Wiseco and similar are nice, but many people have built with Vitara up to 450WHP with good results. For a budget build, Vitaras should do fine up to 300 reliable IMO. YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wiseco and similar are nice, but many people have built with Vitara up to 450WHP with good results. For a budget build, Vitaras should do fine up to 300 reliable IMO. YMMV.

I was thinking about getting Wiseco instead. But the price is much higher, I still haven't decided but I'll give it some thought. I definitely want to reach at least the 300's and possibly 400. That's my ultimate goal. But of course reliability and budget is important to me but more so reliability. I don't want to put all this money into the engine just to have it blow up a year after lol. So I'll definitely do some more research thanks for the input.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
nice clean car.
i also have a 00 coupe, except its white

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
A Captiva Blue Si Ha
73 Posts
Ooooooo man... that link you sent me is so tempting.. that's a good ass deal

Its not just the deal, it is more importantly, bringing you to a more efficient compression ratio, negating the need to notch and as a little bonus, bumping your rod to stroke ratio a tiny bit. It is mainly for the compression ratio though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its not just the deal, it is more importantly, bringing you to a more efficient compression ratio, negating the need to notch and as a little bonus, bumping your rod to stroke ratio a tiny bit. It is mainly for the compression ratio though...

You're right And I appreciate that 🤜🏼

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Nice and clean. Whats the goal for the car? Just curious, 300 is a lot of power for our little stock diffs. Rolling on the freeway in Mexico is one thing, launches or hard acceleration out of tight corners is another. Not to mention traction issues.....yadda yadda.

I have limited experience with multiple hundreds of horsepower in FWD cars but torque steer and LSD conversations come up a lot when talking 300-400HP. Not being a nag just you asked if there was anything else besides the motor to worry about and you have an extra trans now.....there's other stuff but you didnt ask and probably have it covered.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts