Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if this sounds right. i have a 00 ex with y8. it also has i/h/e, b20 tb, msd coil, wires, exd stage 1 clutch, denso plugs and 50 shot dry. i ran it at the track without nos it ran 17.2 and with nos it ran 15.6 . does this sound right. i mean i have this hing striped down with stock wheels and bfg on the front. it only has front seats, dash and door panels thats it. any help would be great

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
civic2n2000 said:
does anybody know if this sounds right. i have a 00 ex with y8. it also has i/h/e, b20 tb, msd coil, wires, exd stage 1 clutch, denso plugs and 50 shot dry. i ran it at the track without nos it ran 17.2 and with nos it ran 15.6 . does this sound right. i mean i have this hing striped down with stock wheels and bfg on the front. it only has front seats, dash and door panels thats it. any help would be great
17.2?? damn was it hot out??

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
well you probally ran at a track that was pretty new and wasnt broke in yet or you just dont know how to drive your car as well yet.

by the way what are you launching at if your launching lower then 5grand in a coupe that might be part of the prob try 5-6 k launches i launch at around 5500 in my coupe

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
well you probally ran at a track that was pretty new and wasnt broke in yet or you just dont know how to drive your car as well yet.

by the way what are you launching at if your launching lower then 5grand in a coupe that might be part of the prob try 5-6 k launches i launch at around 5500 in my coupe
really that high, isnt it all wheel spin??

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
really that high, isnt it all wheel spin??
not if you have decent tires man its wheel spin for a little bit then traction and your still revin decently high theres no bog down. i like it some people dont but i havent been taken off the line yet by another honda

i have shitty tires right now but i can manage to pull off the line i'll take a decent vid but you should really go take a drive and try launching at 5k or 5500 and see how you hook up i bet you'll be surprised

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
i gotta launch at 2500 or i spin to redline. then again i have an ls with mods and shitty tires. but i dont have any wheel hop!

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
better tires and t-bars man you'll be launchin high and hookin

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
wait what kind of plugs?? denso?? please dont say iridium..... that could be your problem, if you spray you want to run colder plugs.... just a thought....

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
wait what kind of plugs?? denso?? please dont say iridium..... that could be your problem, if you spray you want to run colder plugs.... just a thought....
that could be it with spray but he still shouldnt be sucking so bad on no spray

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
yup it could be but i'm saying driver at this point or somethins messed up

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i launched at 5 and i have alot of wheelhop with the street tires. with the bfg i launched at 5 with nos and spin to redline. iam running the i iridium but they told me they were coulder plugs that stock. and i dont think its my driving i shifted at 7 with no problems. what should it be running low16s. i seen a couple at the track that was running right around that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Whenever I go to the track I have to launch at around 2500rpm. If I don't I'll spin all the way to redline....This is with a 93 Ex coupe w/ full interior.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
civic2n2000 said:
i launched at 5 and i have alot of wheelhop with the street tires. with the bfg i launched at 5 with nos and spin to redline. iam running the i iridium but they told me they were coulder plugs that stock. and i dont think its my driving i shifted at 7 with no problems. what should it be running low16s. i seen a couple at the track that was running right around that.
get two things, motor mount inserts and NGK 2 step colder plugs and I guarantee much better times!!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts