Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic ex
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i recently did a rear disc swap on my 99 ex and come to find out my master cylinder(7/8) is leaking giving me a soft pedal making me pump the brakes to firm it up. Im having trouble finding a 00 si master cylinder to order. every parts store around me is trying to sell me the same master cylinder. My question is were is a good place to order the 15/16 master cylinder from?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,395 Posts
whats wrong with another 7/8's?

·
Registered
99 civic ex
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(7/8) dont know mines leaking so i cant say. seems like the upgrade is the thing you want when upgrading to rear disc in the back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can also upgrade to a 1" from 98-00 Integras. Complete bolt on and the lines are in the same spots as your current one.

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
I also did a rear disc swap on same car like you have, and stock master doing job very well, make sure you replaced 40/40 proportional valve from civic 00 si, thats most important.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,395 Posts
I also did a rear disc swap on same car like you have, and stock master doing job very well, make sure you replaced 40/40 proportional valve from civic 00 si, thats most important.
not entirely, click the link I posted and give it a read.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
How is the thread for 92-95 civic relevant to his 99?

You cannot mix and match abs to non abs master cylinders.

tabKola is the one who got it right.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
"the 91 civic ex 4 door will bolt right in and give you a 15/16th plunger"

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/104823-diy-stage-two-92-95-civic-rear-brake-upgrade.html
Good luck finding one. Most of the time it'll say it's for an Si or EX, but you'll receive the DX or Std (smaller) part.

I have a 1" GSR master on my CRX, but I'll be dropping to a 13/16" when I remove the booster.

How is the thread for 92-95 civic relevant to his 99?

You cannot mix and match abs to non abs master cylinders.

tabKola is the one who got it right.
I have a DC w/ ABS master cylinder and booster on my CRX. All you have to do is change a fitting and move the line. NBD

Sorry for the potato pic...it was actually taken with a potato many years ago.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Yes but that is not a direct drop in replacement. Very little modification I know.

I prefer to swap out the master cylinder and booster together for the 15/16ths from any DA Integra/RS DC Integra due to how readily available they are.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Find one you like on RockAuto and see if you can find it on Amazon or locally for cheaper.

Or even better find a Si or 98+ Integra RS at a junkyard Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

1 - 13 of 13 Posts