Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
Help me please for my question...
I have civic with d16a sonh, non-vtec, 105hp.
Later, I will built another engine and swap it in my honda, but now, while i do some other work with my car and get money, I want to know, can I install another stok d-series(or zc) camshaft in my d16a for get, at least 125 hp...
I read that sonh ZC non-vtec engine has 125 hp.. and I think the difference from sonh ZC non-vtec engine and d16a sonh, non-vtec is in camshaft's. from here is a difference in 20 hp.

Not problem for me to change camshaft, or to increase the compression ratio.
I think you anderstand me, and what i want to do..
Please advise, what stok camshat install in my d16a to increase hp... (Non vtec, sonh)

And do somebody have information about stok camshaft's on d-series, exactly stages ("224, 260 for example") and rises ("9.0 ,8.7 for example"), sorry for my english..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Note that there is a SOHC nonVTEC cam spec thread on here with my specs from what feels like 20+ years ago, and was updated unlike the one on HondaTech.

I feel old at only 52....

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Note that there is a SOHC nonVTEC cam spec thread on here with my specs from what feels like 20+ years ago, and was updated unlike the one on HondaTech.

I feel old at only 52....
You talking about the one that had measurements for the base circle and/or lobe height? I was looking for that but couldn’t find it

Have a couple SOHC cams in the garage and I think one is a SOHC ZC but I can’t find the measurements to verify.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Hmmm maybe I am recalling incorrectly but I thought there was a post that specifically had the raw base circle and lobe height measurements for an A6 and non-carbed ZC. Maybe I’m thinking of another post.

The linked threads help though. I can deduce based on the A6 measurements. Thanks for posting those

1 - 7 of 7 Posts