Action Clutch on a budget? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Decommissioned Whoopee Doo Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina
Default Action Clutch on a budget?

After speaking with Alex of Action Clutch today I'm ready to throw this out there.

Many people are using ebay clutches due to pricing. These clutches use pressure plates that are made in China (not always a bad thing, but not good in this case). Some are also using Exedy organic clutches that are stock replacements. This is ok if you don't race or have a lot of power.

So this is what I'm going to do for you guys...

Bring you new Action Clutches for the enthusiast with budget in mind.

These are made in America and backed by Action Clutch (as well as serviceable by Action).

Both of these are for 91-00 Civics.

First is an organic full face disc with a street pressure plate. This will work well as a stock replacement clutch. Includes disc, street pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and alignment tool.
$225 shipped

Second is a sprung 6-puck with a street pressure plate. This will work well for street NA and low power turbo setups (up to 230whp). Includes disc, street pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and alignment tool.
$245 shipped.

For more aggressive daily, NA, and turbo setups please see the regular line of Action Clutches in the Action Clutch thread in this section.

Last edited by Aquafina; 02-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Aquafina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Could you throw HP ratings on those clutches? might make it easier to choose.
cervan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

i think a tq rating would be better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z6civicex is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by z6civicex View Post
i think a tq rating would be better.
i agree but nobody goes by that for whatever reason..
cervan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

oh shit, $180 for a full face with HD pp??? thats a smokin deal!

have any more specs on it? clamp force? etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I already bought an action clutch or I would jump on this.

good quality product, at an awesome price.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 Twistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I was considering the 1MD package when I need to replace my clutch.

No chatter is an attractive selling point.

Are there advantages to the full face organic over the 1MD? I want something that will last long and perform when I need it to.

$180 for a full clutch kit is a great price! Who else wants one?
Twistease is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

that is a great price... especially for a good brand of clutch. If I didn't just put a new clutch in I would have got one of these.

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if someone would buy my 2MS, i would definitely be in for one of those full face clutches

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!

Power ratings will be very similar to the currently available clutches.

For long life go with the full face. For long life that will be beat on, I'd suggest the 1KS which has the ability to outlast the entire car.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Changed up the pricing a bit and got rid of the group buy structure.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 Twistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Does the street pressure plate give firmer pedal feel than stock? I imagine the HD plate would be quite a bit firmer pedal feel...I am very sensitive to those differences as I drive many different types of vehicle in and out of the shop all day. From 88 Jettas to 08 Jaguars and the occasional full race Porsche...
Twistease is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, it will be firmer than stock, but not as firm as the heavy duty pressure plate that comes with the 1MD/1MS/1KS/1OS kits.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cotyb

how much would one cost

will polish aluminum pm me for details
or call 1 240 522 3187
Cotyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

https://www.d-series.org/forums/whoop...on-clutch.html
check out that link
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotyb View Post
how much would one cost
It is listed in the 1st post...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotyb View Post
how much would one cost
Check out the first post again, price is in there!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 Jstyle666 is learning the way of the DJstyle666 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Any news on my 2MD!?
Jstyle666 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide
Default Re: Action Clutch on a budget?

Just curious if these prices are currently accurate. Im in the market.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)

Prices have been adjusted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
action, aquafina, budget, cheap, clutch, whoopee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in