What would be a better transmission upgrade? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Decommissioned Whoopee Doo Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Default What would be a better transmission upgrade?

I'm planning on buying either a LSD or a 4.9 FD. Which would benefit me most in a drag racing application. Sorry, I have no experience with transmissions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
built single cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

4.9's gonna make getting traction even harder.

Get the lsd. MFactory...
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

oppss I just realized I just posted this in classifieds. Sorry aquafina. Mod please move. Thanks!

built single cam.

track tool.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 EGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagleEGBEAST is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to EGBEAST

Yeh, lsd will allow you to put more power to the ground.
>
*STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!*

Quote:
whip him with your dipstick and give him a scottish accent

MY THREAD!!!!>>>>>

<<<<< MY THREAD!!!!

*REP A [email protected]!, I REPS BACK FOR THE WHOLE MAHFUCKIN' HOOD!!*
EGBEAST is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

But I'm not putting that much power lol. My setup is pretty much mild N/A. y5 block, p29's, ported d15b head, crower stg. 3/valvetrain. So it's not like I'm putting hella. I just want to get my 1/4 time down. so far, I'm leaning towards the FD just because, 3rd gear s40 sucks ass in a sedan.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

LSD and 20" slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I'll have results within a month of no LSD times vs LSD times in the 1/4.
Aquafina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

^thanks aquafina

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 HONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i'd like to see those results as well.
to the OP, why not get the 3rd & 5th gear set?
i plan to get the set and an lsd, as soon as i save up =p
HONDA_HEROES is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Well I'm still debatin on that shit cause I only have 3 more months left to stay here in the Philippines. So the cost/use issue is still bugging me. And I wish a LSD was as simple to install as an intake cause I'd be swapping that thing back and forth like cake lol.

built single cam.

track tool.

Last edited by SOHCitTOem; 06-11-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 HONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like Borat

woah you're Filipino?or you just happened to be in the Philipines?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Yup, well technically Fil-Am. I moved here back in '05 to finish college.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

lol. cool cool.
i'm half filipino as well, 1/4th chinese & japanese.
my grandparents wanted me to move with them &
attend college there.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

results yet?

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Not yet. Taking care of some personal issues hasn't allowed me the time to get to the strip yet. Will make a thread as soon as I do though.
Aquafina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i gotta say i love my MFactory LSD!

LSD + Slicks = no more wheel hop, and it launches out of the hole like a bat out of hell!

Not to mention powering through turns is much more stable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 MFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory

I have to agree with everyone else, and say get an LSD first, before changing your gears/fd
MFactory is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in