MFactory Close Gear Set - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Vendor Member Section Whoopee Doo Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina
Default MFactory Close Gear Set

RPM dropping too much between shifts? 5th gear too long on track? Or maybe you just want to do 20mph in 5th without bogging...

The MFactory close gear set is for you. Shorten your transmissions ramp and lessen the RPM drop when shifting. These gears are semi-helical (excluding 1st gear which is helical) which puts more power to the ground and makes for a stronger gear.

Ratios are as follows:

1st - 3.083
2nd - Use stock
3rd - 1.565, straight cut
4th - Use stock 3rd as 4th (1.172**, 1.250, 1.259**, 1.346)
5th - 1.000

*Needs slight modification.

Applications are all 88-00 Civic transmissions. 88-95 transmissions require slight modification to the transmission case where 5th gear sits.

-Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
-Advanced gear geometry designed using industry-leading software puts more power to the ground

1st gear only is $264.95 shipped*.
3rd gear only is $369.95 shipped*.
3/5 gear set is $649.95 shipped*.

D-Series.org only special, order a 3/5 gear set and receive 5% off a 1st gear.

Until I finish up my website and online ordering is available, please PM or email me at [email protected] to place your order. Paypal (add 3.5%), Cashiers Check, or USPS MO's only at this time, credit/debit cards may be used via Paypal if your account allows this. General questions may be asked in this thread or included in your PM/email.

*Free shipping is within the 48 States only. Add $10 for HI, AK, CAN, $25 for int'l shipping. Tax/duty fees not included.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Aquafina; 02-04-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Please, Please, remember us, D17A2 guys too!
I love my B16A2 MFactory forged gears and I would love to use the same quality in my D17A2!!
lsbrasil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Shop 24/7 @

Join Us on FACEBOOK

88' Civic D16 [email protected]135MPH
Thanks D-Series.ORG for all of the continued support!
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ALL OF YOUR BUILD NEEDS!
2009'-2011' Import Face-Off Title Sponsors...Keep the Sport alive, Come Race with US!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

BigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I run this gear set in my car, very very happy with it. All of the MFactory stuff is top notch with durability, fit, and finish.
BigTuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

is this the set up youhave on the vid of you vs the nsx?. your shizzle moves for sure

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!

Yep. He is using a 4spd Y8 trans built by myself. His 4th gear is 1.172.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife

Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

but my spacers!!!!!!

Wait, seems WE are all on the same team.....................lets go faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I have ordered the MFactory 1st, and 3-5th set along with their FD, LSD, and magnetic drain plug. I am looking forward to getting the motor setup together so I can enjoy this new tranny setup.

Last edited by coolhandluke; 02-10-2009 at 07:50 AM.
coolhandluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

You forgot the FD, LSD, and magnetic drain plug! Or did I put somebody elses parts in your trans? :P

Old 02-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I was trying to stay on topic with this particular thread. I have since updated my original response.

coolhandluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Up.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

BigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the skyBigTuna is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

up.

Last edited by BigTuna; 07-23-2009 at 04:08 AM.
BigTuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Steve, few here understand that +2 mph, but the tranny builders do

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 rbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

One noob question. Will these gears fit in my dx tranny? Or is it only the EX.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

They'll fit in the DX. Won't be ideal (as 2-3 RPM drop will be very short) unless it is for a road race setup where you won't use 2nd (though I use 2nd with my Y8 trans and it is shorter than the DX 2nd). If you're not worried about the 2-3 shift, then it'll work great.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to decoder22

does this work in a 5 speed single cam si cable trans?
decoder22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

as said in the orignal post:

Applications are all 88-00 Civic transmissions. 88-95 transmissions require slight modification to the transmission case where 5th gear sits.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sure does.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

That would be cool if somone could post a vid of how short these gear ratios are something... or maybe i just like videos too much, haha

anyway, i hoping to pick up a third gear from you sometime soon!
wazup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Only vid I have is a poor quality using the video mode on my camera. I'll make a nice vid once I put my close ratio trans back in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in