Honda D Series Forum banner

won't go into gear when running

947 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  vtecduck 
#1 · (Edited)
I notice it the other night when driving home. As soon as I got it home I haven't driven it since. It shifts fine while sitting with the car off, but when driving or sitting with the motor running, it won't go into gear or come out of gear. I noticed a little fluid around the shaft on the master cylinder on the inside of the car. I changed the master and slave cylinder, and bled it until there were no more air bubbles coming out from the line, but it's still not shifting. I'm going to try and re-bleed it tom and completely flush the line and hope for the best. Anyone have any ideas of anything else that could be causing this?

#5 ·
clutch fork isen't sitting on the throwout bearing right, or the clutch is fuct hard
Thanks, I hope not too. It was fine then slowly started getting harder to shift, then finally wouldn't shift at all. The clutch doesn't slip or anything, so I think the clutch is ok, or I hope so anyways.

#4 ·
clutch fork isen't sitting on the throwout bearing right, or the clutch is fuct hard

#8 ·
in order to find the actual problem separate the motor and tranny from mating and see if uf clutch is screwed up also check shift linkage!!! this are suggestion not saying to do it

#12 ·
Close. Not saying your wrong. It happened to me already. Might be the same problem with you. Try this.

Put you car in gear when its off. Keep holding the clutch and turn the car on, then stall it by releasing the clutch rapidly. If your pressure was stuck it shouldnt be anymore. Oh BTW your gonna hear a loud pop. But i did this and my car was fine till the day i tore it down to do my swap.

#13 ·
thanks for the input guys, I think we found the prob. We got a mirror and looked into the tranny. It looks like the release fork is broken. The fork will not spring back forward like it should. We're going to drop the tranny and make sure the clutch is good too since the tranny has to come out to change the fork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.