those who want to use a hydro zc tranny - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic
Default those who want to use a hydro zc tranny

i did the swap dohc zc with hydro zc tranny.. everyone says use the 94-01 integra axles.. thats incorrect they are too short.. and the second you move the car the drivers side one will pop out of the cup on the halfshaft...

what you have to do is get 2 92-00 civic passanger side axles (the shorter one) and get the 94-01 integra axles and take the cups that go into the halfshaft and the one that goes into the tranny on the passanger side and put them on the 92-00 civic axles and then you wont have a problem breaking one....

its alot of work.. i was pissed once i got the car on the ground to find out that it already broke an axle and i didnt even drive it... so this is for those who want to use the hydr zc tranny.. and im pretty shure the cable one is like that too... i remember my friend had to use 2 right side 88-91 si hatchback axles and do the same thing

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siregcivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatchkid96 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

the easiest thing to do is to switch the hydro zc final drive with an si final drive... take that back. the easiest thing to do, would be to buy an ex tranny. same gears as si with a better 5th for gas mileage.
hatchkid96 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchkid96
the easiest thing to do is to switch the hydro zc final drive with an si final drive... take that back. the easiest thing to do, would be to buy an ex tranny. same gears as si with a better 5th for gas mileage.
ya but i dont think everyone knows how to tear a tranny apart..i for one dont.. and a little scared of screwin somethin up.. i might one day when i decide to get lsd and a closer final drive but i like the gear ratios of the zc tranny.. it feels a little shorter than my ex one.. 5th gear definately.. but it feels shorter throughout the gears ... maybe im trippin but it is alot smoother than any d tranny ive had... 2 ex's 3 dx's and one crappy cx thats over a period of 6 years.. most of them came with the car.. like the dx and the cx

plus i got the hydro zc and halfshaft from h motors for 200... couldnt even get a d15b non lsd one for that cheap

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......

Last edited by siregcivic; 02-21-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I wish quaife made an LSD for this application

I'm not doing any of this for the money, the fame, the glory, or attention. I'm doing this because I enjoy it.
bense is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatchkid96 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bense
I wish quaife made an LSD for this application
true, but your best bet would be trying to get an ex stock lsd tranny, itll be cheaper! good luck tryin to find one!
hatchkid96 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

well.. theres a problem im having.. havent figured it out yet.. the right side axle is a inch too short.. i tried making one by using the civic shaft and bearings but they are too big.. the teg spider gear bearings are small.. soo.. i havent figuredout what to do yet... when i figure it out i will post it.. i might have to get custom axles for the right side.. well see i will post it

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

www.raxles.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mods Delete This Post.. I Have Everything Figured Out.. The Information I Stated Here isnot Correct I Will Make A New Post With Pictures

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in