hydro zc tranny - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic
Default hydro zc tranny

alright.. i have a 92 cx with a 92 obd1 dohc zc and i want to get the zc tranny with halfshaft.. now i keep hearing that it has the same ratios as the 92-95 si tranny.. and i wanted to know if it did or are they different..

the other question is... my friend had a cable zc tranny and we had to make axles using the cups that came with the tranny.. now that was 5 years ago and i was wandering if there is axles you can buy for a certain car that will just fit right in without having to make custom ones.. i know how to do it.. id rather just buy new ones tho.. any help would be appreciated thanks

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatchkid96 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic
alright.. i have a 92 cx with a 92 obd1 dohc zc and i want to get the zc tranny with halfshaft.. now i keep hearing that it has the same ratios as the 92-95 si tranny.. and i wanted to know if it did or are they different..

the other question is... my friend had a cable zc tranny and we had to make axles using the cups that came with the tranny.. now that was 5 years ago and i was wandering if there is axles you can buy for a certain car that will just fit right in without having to make custom ones.. i know how to do it.. id rather just buy new ones tho.. any help would be appreciated thanks
the 92+ has same gearing as si, (i have one) but with a different sized FD for diff sized axels

i believe you can just use integra axels for the cable zc.
hatchkid96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

so is it closer gearing since the fd is different??

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......

Old 02-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

different sized diff for the larger axles, but the FD gearing is the same as 92-95 Civic/Sol Si.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You Can Buy 87 Integra Axles That Will Fit On A Zc Tanny.
850hp!!!d16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850hp!!!d16z6
You Can Buy 87 Integra Axles That Will Fit On A Zc Tanny.

junkyard!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just Go To A Local Auto Parts Store.
850hp!!!d16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

well crap... im not going to spen alot of effort and money if it has the same gear ratios as the si.. ill just get a d15b tranny and pop it right in without having to buy new axles or make them

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

IMO, the bling factor of having equal-length axles is worth it.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

yea i know.. it also helps with tourqe steer.. alright guys.. i might do it.. well see.. so the 87 integra axles will fit into the hydro zc tranny and into my hub 92 civic.. if thats the case.. then ill do that.. thanks guys..

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

anybody know what axles will directly fit into the hydro zc tranny???

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
anybody know what axles will directly fit into the hydro zc tranny???
i understand you want some direct answers, but a lot of these can be answered with google/honda-tech/ any search in general.

but to answer it real fast for ya; 94+integ

Last edited by hatchkid96; 02-19-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

so that hydro ZC has the same gears as the z6/y8 tranny?
wazup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazup
No, just the Del Sol Si/Si hatch from 92-95. Z6/Y8 gearing is very close but different.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazup
hydrozc tranny=ex/si all the way around. i didnt take a look at the final drive (gave it to somebody) but im gonna check out the final drive on tuesday and see what ratio it is. but to answer your question. yes sir. it has the same gearing as an si/ex.

here a pic of the trannys code...
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchkid96
i understand you want some direct answers, but a lot of these can be answered with google/honda-tech/ any search in general.

but to answer it real fast for ya; 94+integ
thankyou very much... i dont even bother with honda tech anymore... all i get is.. oh dont waste your time ahh bla bla get a b series bla bla.. here and thezcr is the only place i actually can find info for my motor and where people actually respond without being a smartass... its nice to see people respond and help other people out and be kind about it....

and the picture you have with the tranny.. that looks exactly like my ex one.. so i guess there isnt a way to tell if its a d15b/ex/si/y8/zc tranny... if it all looks the same.. except the zc comes with a halfshaft and it wont fit into any other tranny??

thanks for all the help i appreciate it

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

that would be the 88-91 model... i think that honda just smartened up and used the same tranny. the housing is the same, the gearing is the same.. i just have to check the final drive to make sure. it was my brother-in-laws engine/tranny. so it had to be a zc tranny. i just think honda quit making them different to save a few bucks.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

well.. the 94+ teg axles are too short.. drviers side by an inch and a half passanger side by half an inch.. busted one within 2feet.. ima make a sticy about this

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
well.. the 94+ teg axles are too short.. drviers side by an inch and a half passanger side by half an inch.. busted one within 2feet.. ima make a sticy about this
were those integra or civic axels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in