I'm an dumba$$ - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default I'm an dumba$$

So... I assembled the si tranny last night. The works... all new Quaife LSD, bearings, seals, friction dampers, used the form-a-gasket, snapped in the snap ring, used all new bolts... "boom!" everyone's happy. Tonight, I tried to place the -tranny- mount bolts into the tranny case (among other things) to get it ready to bolt back onto the motor.

(The end to my story) My advice: don't listen to death metal via an ipod turned all the way up while operating a 90 ft-lbs impact wrench after a 12 hour day at the office. I'll get back to that your "WTF" in a second.

(the plot) I decided to hand tighten the first motor mount... no dice. I got it in half way through and no mass... no more entry. (insert de-flowering experience comments here) "I thought..." (that was my first mistake) "I'll take the tranny mount nut, screw in it on and impact the shit out of it (place more sexual comments here... a little creepy, nevermind) and then the bolt should work it's way into the tranny case." no dice. it didn't want to go in. :haha: I waited and tried again ... and bam worked like butter this time (I have no idea why) and the nut even came off the bolt with the bolt firmly in the tranny case. "oh...This is fun and it works" (second mistake) now, I tried it on the second tranny bolt/nut job no dice... really no dice and better yet I lost some "money". aluminum threads started coming out of the bolt threads and I screamed in horror (not really, but I was livid at myself). SHIT! F*&K!

(the book report) I'm mounting the tranny less one tranny bolt (it has two others), drive around like nothing happened... :sadface: Get some allominoy (sp?), light up the torch, fill the gap, and make new threads. Any other advice before I officially nickname myself .... "meat head"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by martyr1391; 02-17-2006 at 04:44 AM.
martyr1391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to martyr1391 again.
Funniest post I have read in a while...

Now to answer your ??, Which bolt in which mount?
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

ive never read the words "no dice" so many times in one post, lol

hopefully you get it all sorted out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

ever hear of a helicoil?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Hey Meat Head...... good luck .....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules
ever hear of a helicoil?
Yeah, get helicoils. It's a small pain in the butt with the drilling and the tapping and what-not, but it's worth it because you can use the stock bolts. I have all three of my rear mount bolts that go into the trans helicoil'd up because I used bolts with a different thread pitch on accident because I lost the stock bolts.[/run-on sentences]
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

yeah good job there buddy
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 04:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
Funniest post I have read in a while...

Now to answer your ??, Which bolt in which mount?
Thanks brother. We aim to please. Actually the humor was a neccasry part of the healing process.

I corrected grammar mistakes... more importantly I changed the phrase "motor mount" to "tranny mount".

Part #33 in the upper left hand corner

I need to do a little of this :alky:.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx

hopefully you get it all sorted out
Thanks man.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

helicoil. Good advice. I'll check it out.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

Bah, I'm missing one of those, too. Bastard fell when I was doing inserts, And disappeared. I'm sure that you will be fine till you fix it... Just make sure the other side is torqued to spec, and you don't go backwards really fast... lol.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 05:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
Hey Meat Head...... good luck .....
I didn't say it was my nickname yet...

Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
Must be cause I'm from NJ.

Last edited by martyr1391; 02-17-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

bah, 2 bolts will be fine.........just I won't sell a tranny like that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

well then kiddies i know what not do. listen to the metal version of "ice, ice, baby." good ole Slayer or Devil Driver, would be more comfortin..... lol

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

don't use the tranny mounts bolts to pull the tranny up, lift it into place.

PS: How I stripped out the one bolt hole. Yes I've made newbie mistakes, part of the learning curve!

That tranny is now my Mid Ohio tranny.

5g DX with ZC 3-4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
PS: How I stripped out the one bolt hole. Yes I've made newbie mistakes, part of the learning curve!
HOLY SHIT! i can't believe it...*passes out...*lol

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BoogiepopJDM is learning the way of the DBoogiepopJDM is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hah! no dice, i like that.
hope everything is sorting out
BoogiepopJDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Okay... first let me tell everyone that when I meant tranny mount bolt... I meant tranny mount stud. Second, using my impact wrench was not the problem, at least not entirely. Third, my mistake was using the a motor mount stud instead of a tranny mount stud. The motor mount studs are longer and that is why the second one (farest from the front) had a harder time going in, cause it bottomed out. The first bottomed out as well, until the impact wrench took care of the rest. hmmm... like punching a hole through the casing. yup.. "oops". I took the tranny back off. Re-threaded the half stripped threads on the far hole and removed the motor stud from the front side. Removed the tranny casing, found the nickel sized piece of alum and reattached the case. This time I used the old tranny mount stud (with thread sealant) and put it all back together. The motor even started fine after my three month rebuild and I'm looking forward to reattaching the bumper, lights and wheels, going for a ride and feel if I should worry about the tranny.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in