Recommendation to find a 4.43 FD? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Recommendation to find a 4.43 FD?

Hi ppl. My Civic hosts a 1.6L D16A6 engine with its respective tranny. Since it is the original, it has the 4.25 FD. I would like to know if anyone here knows of someon, anywhere, that has the 4.43 FD found in any application that will fit my combo. I understand the the '90-'93 ZC Acura Integra came with it. Maybe from some other year, I am not sure. If I can't get my hands on one of those, I am going to have to buy the 4.71 ATS FD that sells for over $700. I know of a few people that have found the 4.43 FD that I need, for less than half of that amount.

The 4.43 Final Drive is perfect for the road course tracks where I race, it is a proven fact. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks...
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

place in CAli was selling just the 4.437 FD's for $150 + shipping, I no longer have the contact info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatchkid96 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
place in CAli was selling just the 4.437 FD's for $150 + shipping, I no longer have the contact info.
i believe i have seen some on e-bay and such. but they were asking like 600+ for their trannys. try the clossest jdm importer near you. i picked up my D15b for 350. if my diff ends up not working, im just gonna buy one of the stock lsd trannys.
hatchkid96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you for your responses. I got my 4.4375 FD and installed it last night along with a Helical Limited Slip Differential. The car pulls hard and turns great.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

just out of curiosity, where did you find the 4.43?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not doing any of this for the money, the fame, the glory, or attention. I'm doing this because I enjoy it.
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

not to thread hijack but what lsd tranny would fit on my A6
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchmaster
not to thread hijack but what lsd tranny would fit on my A6
Stock d series cable tranny w/ aftermarket LSD put in it..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

haha

I'm not doing any of this for the money, the fame, the glory, or attention. I'm doing this because I enjoy it.
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 exospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Borat

I have several ZC trans in my stash. Selling some of them but I'm going to open them up first to check the ratios in them.
exospeedracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bense
just out of curiosity, where did you find the 4.43?
I got it from a group of guys that work with Hondas exclusively in Puerto Rico and they shipped it next day with UPS. They are winning a lot of road races over there and they call that FD "El Diablo", which means "The Devil". But they also mess around with swapping things like 3rd and 4th gear ratios in addition to the final drive. I wouldn't be surprised if they even did Cryogenics hardening treatment on them to make them last longer. But they said its a winner anyway. It's a shame that does not make them any more (I think). If sells it, it would be in Japan and pretty expensive.

Oh, by the way... I think they have a couple more of those in case you are interested. And I think my team has two in our shop in reserve.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series child

Send a message via AIM to mugenej8power

I've been lookin at FD gears for my D16Y8... I can't seem to find any though. I'm just tryin to accelerate a little faster. lol.
mugenej8power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

try smaller tires, cheaper.

going from 23" tall tire to a 20" tall tire makes a 4.25 FD feel like a 4.88 FD

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatchkid96 has been punished by the users of d-series.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCRules
I've been lookin at FD gears for my D16Y8... I can't seem to find any though. I'm just tryin to accelerate a little faster. lol.
you havent been looking very hard. honda tech had that huge special. they were selling fd's for 400 SHIPPED for d-series of all sorts. but its over, i think they have a promo on honda hook up for the same price... unless you go to infinitudeautoracing.com and pay $590 for them. hahaha. up to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
try smaller tires, cheaper.going from 23" tall tire to a 20" tall tire makes a 4.25 FD feel like a 4.88 FD
hahaha, put some 13" slicks on your stock steelies! :IHI:

Last edited by hatchkid96; 03-03-2006 at 11:22 AM.
hatchkid96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I've got 20 Hoosier slicks, 20-20.5" tall for 13" rims, plus two sets of MT drag slicks..........

and a set of 175/50/13's on stock steelies.

Geared for the win!

Quote:
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I plan on getting some 205/50-14 drag radials this spring for my CRX. I think their right at 22" as opposed to my 23" I have right now.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in