squeak - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "
Default squeak

i have a problem i just had a clutch kit and a y8 tranny put in my 94 eg.... at a certain throttle position in any gear, there is a squeak/squeal. you add throttle and it goes away, you take out throttle and goes away... now i know you guys are gonna say dont use that position and i would love to but that position is what keeps the car going...lol also it seems to do it in all gears between the rpms of 2700-3300 and doesnt do it in neutral..or out of gear only under a load. any time and effort to answer this will be greatly appreciated, i searched here and ht and no luck, thanks guys

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I would guess it is a motor mount...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

even at a sustained throttle position with increasing rpm...?

Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

yeah.... because the only time oyu arent using your MM is when you are out of gear at a stop with the car off.... cause you have to overcome drag and shit...
Old 02-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
yeah.... because the only time oyu arent using your MM is when you are out of gear at a stop with the car off.... cause you have to overcome drag and shit...
true..... but wouldnt it do it more than just those sections specified...? i am not trying to argue.... just go about all angles

Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know, lol.

Im thinking that your MM is weak and when you do that, it makes the rubber in the mount rub against eachother... see what Im sayin??
Old 02-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

ahh.. i do now...lol

Old 02-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

where's mista bone..... lol he knows everything noise related...

Old 02-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

lol bone bump.....!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

any one else feel like throwing in 2 cents...maybe even 3 cents....

Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

bump t.t.t.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

morning bump.....!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

night bump....

Old 02-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Did you check everything to make sure it's all tight? As Richie_A_19 said did you check your mounts?

Mine does the same thing and I think it's the input shaft bearing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

i just replaced the isb.... with the clutch and tranny also did the headgasket timing belt oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket and grommets.... still leaking oil from the head..... the squeal is what is driving me crazy though

Old 02-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

i blocked off and disconnected the iacv, and the fitv, re mounted the intake and it went away thanks for all the help guys.....

Old 02-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

lol... that was weird.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
lol... that was weird.
no shit and on a lighter note my car has a lil better throttle response i guess blocking the iavc and the fitv does cool the tb more than you would think.....

Old 02-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hmmmm.... *Grabs flashlight* lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in