grinding going into reverse?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Default grinding going into reverse??

well i noticed that if im in nuetral, if i try going into reverse, sometimes it wont fully go into gear, sometimes i need to slowly let go of the clutch then itll slip in, other times itll grind and wont go in. or if im in nuetral, it will crunch before it goes into gear. also, for it to go in smoothly, i need to go into another gear(say like 3rd, then 4th) then into reverse. could anybody help me out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default this is why

Its bcuz reverse doesnt have a synchro so thats y it doesnt grind when you go into another gear first. Not sure about it not goin all the way out most ppl's civic i know do that but i figured out if you let off the brake if your foot was on it and then repress the clutch it will go all the way in. Hope this helps pm me if you dont understand and ill try to explain in a diff way

Crohn
crohnman6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Same problem with my car, I park on a incline so I just ease off the brake let it roll back and put the gear in, it grinds a bit. OR sometimes i just push the clutch again and try putting it into reverse either of those should work for you too
95 R-81 Cx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

shift stabilizer bushings and a short shifter are your friend.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose
well i noticed that if im in nuetral, if i try going into reverse, sometimes it wont fully go into gear, sometimes i need to slowly let go of the clutch then itll slip in, other times itll grind and wont go in. or if im in nuetral, it will crunch before it goes into gear. also, for it to go in smoothly, i need to go into another gear(say like 3rd, then 4th) then into reverse. could anybody help me out?

most hondas are like that.....

just go into gear, then back to reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
are you serious? thats the worst advise ever. short throws will kill your synchros before they ever make them better.

the only thing that is good, would be the shifter bushings..... but still wont stop a "GRIND" just firmer/crisp shifts.
STREETWERKZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

mine always kind of crunches going straight to reverse from neutral.

just put it in first and THEN reverse and it will go in smooth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

How is it a syncro issue?? Reverse doesn't have a syncro... And, yes, to an extent, they do stop grinding issues. As long as you dont force it in, SS's help.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
How is it a syncro issue?? Reverse doesn't have a syncro... And, yes, to an extent, they do stop grinding issues. As long as you dont force it in, SS's help.

PROOF?

i worked for honda for over 2 years and would NEVER put a short shifter on a car again. they DO fuck up your syncros, by mis-aligning your linkage.

i know reverse doesnt have a syncro... but a short shifter will NOT fix any grind.

i cant believe youre talking all this mess when you are 100% wrong.

a short shifter will NOT fix a grinding issue. if it did on your car, its because you didnt torque your shifter to specs, and left it loose. trust me, your car will develop a grind in the near future.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
mine always kind of crunches going straight to reverse from neutral.

just put it in first and THEN reverse and it will go in smooth

thats what i always do.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose
Just put it in 3rd then drop it to reverse. That simple
Quote:
damd it ricky. you know it'll supersain JDM mad tyte, son. lol.
R.I.P Milo, You were my second brother and I will Always remember you.
CxHatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREETWERKZ
PROOF?

i worked for honda for over 2 years and would NEVER put a short shifter on a car again. they DO fuck up your syncros, by mis-aligning your linkage.

i know reverse doesnt have a syncro... but a short shifter will NOT fix any grind.

i cant believe youre talking all this mess when you are 100% wrong.

a short shifter will NOT fix a grinding issue. if it did on your car, its because you didnt torque your shifter to specs, and left it loose. trust me, your car will develop a grind in the near future.
So how do you mis-align a rod shifter again??

As I said, the SS won't fix the problem, but it will help. If you do that, shift bushings, and motor mount inserts, and still have a grind, you need a new tranny.

And PROOF that they cause damage?? And I'm not talking a customer's car that you worked on 2 years ago that Honda denied the claim cause they had a SS... I am talking proof that a SS damaged a tranny...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
So how do you mis-align a rod shifter again??

As I said, the SS won't fix the problem, but it will help. If you do that, shift bushings, and motor mount inserts, and still have a grind, you need a new tranny.

And PROOF that they cause damage?? And I'm not talking a customer's car that you worked on 2 years ago that Honda denied the claim cause they had a SS... I am talking proof that a SS damaged a tranny...

MIS-ALIGNED SHIFT LINKAGE!!!!!! the ball is higher up on the short shifter, meaning, it sits different that the factory shifter.

so youre telling this guy to get a short shifter, shift bushings, and motor mount inserts to get rid of a grind??? give me a break!!!!

i never ONCE said that it was a car i worked on 2 years ago.... it was not only customer cars, but my cars too. syncros went bad. youre coming up with all this bullshit about honda and a warranty claim..... when i never said a thing about that.

PROOF? well, if i had the damn syncros that are in the TRASH, in front of me... i'd take pictures and show you.

how about this.... keep your short shifter, but remember this convo when you get your grinds. but please dont tell my man up there to add a short shifter because he gets a slight grind into reverse.

gotta give you negative rep dude. your backwoods mechanic bullshit doesnt fool anyone.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

The reason I said SS is cause you dont transfer as much pressure on the shift forks... saving them...

I know you didn't say a claim 2 years ago... I was saying don't say you worked on one 10 years ago that happened to... I was saying give valid examples.

And it isn't backyard bullshit... I never said it wan't normal... All I said is if he wants to try to quit it down, he can try this... Forgot that no one is allowed to have an opinion and give experiances in similar situations...

BTW, you - rep'in me does nothing... that 1 by your name means that you only have 1 rep power... and when you - rep, you take away 1/2 of your rep power... lmao.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle

Quote:
i got a short shifter already

Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

I know i saird reverse doesnt have a synchro thats one reason why it does grind.

Last edited by crohnman6; 02-09-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxHatch
Just put it in 3rd then drop it to reverse. That simple
thanks, thats what ive been doing. i just didnt know if this is a problem or not..

Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

but yea just put it in third then reverse itll solve ur problem
Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

BTW, you - rep'in me does nothing... that 1 by your name means that you only have 1 rep power... and when you - rep, you take away 1/2 of your rep power... lmao.

worth it in my opinion...... when you spout off nonsense like you do.

my "REP" is my word and experience... it speaks for itself.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

yeah but your rep is worthless when we dont know you before a week ago
and not being a dick but your first impression from posting here has made me stray away from your for sale thread until i see something workout mroe than once

also alot of cars grind slightly when going into reverse, just throw it in 1st and then go to reverse, should be fine

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
yeah but your rep is worthless when we dont know you before a week ago
and not being a dick but your first impression from posting here has made me stray away from your for sale thread until i see something workout mroe than once

also alot of cars grind slightly when going into reverse, just throw it in 1st and then go to reverse, should be fine

thats understandable.

you DON'T know me... but you'll see that I'm an asset to this site, i will NOT post unless i know the answer, and know that my answer is correct.... HANDS on knowledge.

my for sale thread.... well.... buy with confidence.

i have a GREAT vouch record on Ebay and Honda-Tech. (plus a few people on this site... who can speak up if they want to)

I run my own business. so my word is as good as gold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in