clutch install question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
SonicEdge

Default clutch install question

aright so this is a newbie question i'm sure... but this is my first trans/clutch install on my '90 EX.. i got everything back together... go to adjust the clutch and it has zero pedal feel.... so before i go freak out and have to tear it all down to find the problem... does the trans fluid give the pedal feel?(there is no fluid in the trans right now) or did i screw something up? if i did screw something up... what should i check first? thanks!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

no.... adjust the clutch cable... you arent engauging the clutch enough. Or too much.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
SonicEdge

it doesnt matter where the cable is adjusted... there is just no pedal feel.. pedal just hits the floor... or the cable is completely tight and just stretches.. i've tried both extremes (full tight and full loose) and everything in between... doesnt help

Old 02-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

does the clutch move?? try taking the service plate off the tranny and look at it while someone else is moving the pedal... If the cable is streches and doesn't move the clutch, either the cable isnt routed properly routed (allowed to move), or the clutch is being physically blocked from moving.

EDIT: is the spring attached to the pedal??
Old 02-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
SonicEdge

the cable is all fine.. the clutch lever moves... just with no resistance...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
is the spring attached to the pedal??
Old 02-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
snackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEdge
the cable is all fine.. the clutch lever moves... just with no resistance...
sounds like you put it in backwards or something..
i bet its something really dumb.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Throw out bearing installed correctly?
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
SonicEdge

took the tranny back off.. throwout bearing is installed right.... spring is all set... the pressure plate fins were all pushed in... they were stuck in the depressed form (not angled out like normal) but when i took the bolts off it sprang back to normal... would torquing the bolts in too much do that? the clutch disk was installed the right way too... i'm pretty sure i torqued the bolts to spec? anything else that might have caused that?
Old 02-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
snackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEdge
took the tranny back off.. throwout bearing is installed right.... spring is all set... the pressure plate fins were all pushed in... they were stuck in the depressed form (not angled out like normal) but when i took the bolts off it sprang back to normal... would torquing the bolts in too much do that? the clutch disk was installed the right way too... i'm pretty sure i torqued the bolts to spec? anything else that might have caused that?
ok so this is how it happened. when you were torque'n the bolts down, aliens came from outer space that created a negative charge in the air causing a magnetic field that warped the fins on the clutch... or no?

well what were they stuck too? how were they stuck in. it problably happened when you pushed in the clutch the first time. thats weird.. aliens.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

not torueing them in the right order/ not having them all in before tightening them down
Old 02-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
SonicEdge

ok.. so i put the stock clutch back in... works just fine.. i didnt have time to scerw with the new clutch.. i need a car.. but why would the clutch do that? i mean everything lined up and bolted up.. just wouldnt engage.. bad pressure plate maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in