EG5 DOHC ZC hydro questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
diegoaccord

Default EG5 DOHC ZC hydro questions

Does the DOHC ZC hydro tranny have the same ratio as the cable version?

Also, does it use the intermediate shaft setup?

Sold the CRX, gonna probably pick up this Midori Green hatch, with a CX/DX motor, gonna swap in DOHC ZC full setup. I don't want DX gearing, nor do I even EX/Si gearing.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

OBD-1 DOHC ZC has same ratios as USDM 92-95 Si, but uses the midshaft.........

Finding proper axles is a BITCH.

Get a stock 5g Si tranny, buy a cable DOHC ZC tranny and let me work my magic.

Or for the right amount, I might let go of mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
diegoaccord

What is the specs of yours? ZC, or even closer?

I got the hatch, and fuck, I haven't had anything this slow since 2001, with my 89 Accord DX 98 HP A20A1. At least it's pretty.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

ZC's are getting harder to come by.

I got mine from HMO about 6 months ago for 150 plus 75 to ship.

Now they are 250.

Rarely in stock either.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Well I was able to find a very good condition cable DOHC ZC for $70 by searching a local forum. I guess patience pays off.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 rkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Transzex, I have one of these EG5 DOHC ZC swaps that's going to be built for turbo and installed in my EK to replace my 150K+ mile Turbo'd Y7. I want to know if the OBX LSD and steel shift forks from the Y7 can be installed into this transmission?
rkcarguySI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguySI
Transzex, I have one of these EG5 DOHC ZC swaps that's going to be built for turbo and installed in my EK to replace my 150K+ mile Turbo'd Y7. I want to know if the OBX LSD and steel shift forks from the Y7 can be installed into this transmission?
OBX = yes

forks = no

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in