fds in automatics - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 little white crx is learning the way of the Dlittle white crx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default fds in automatics

are the final drives in the 88-91 automatic trannys interchangable with the final drives in the 92 95 autos?
little white crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

waiting on transzex...good question?
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

could be, but why not just buy the correct tranny?

I've seen the insides of a Honda sluch box, your not gonna like it.

Changing the FD requires changing the countershaft, which has all kinds of plates, clutches and other items that just don't make it worthwhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 little white crx is learning the way of the Dlittle white crx is learning the way of the D

i know what you mean i took apart the trans i broke and i know why you say to change the fluid regularly the damn filter is the last thing you come to.

i wanted to take the final drive from a 92 trans and put it in my 90 which should make closer gears so that i can run the m&h 205 60 13 i have without bogging the motor down so bad.

the 175 70 13 are at thier limit now
Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

it would be less work to do an auto to manual swap, and it would also be more beneficial to just get a manual si tranny.

This is the disadvantage of transaxles, you have everything slammed in one area and you're limited to the aftermarket parts.

BMW guys have just about any final drive from 2.93 to 4.44 to play with. Any combination you'd ever want, you can get, oem. Of course they're RWD, but you can pull the final drive from a automatic e36 325 (3.91) and use it in a manual 318. And that upgrade is like 200 bucks at most. damn, I wish honda's were RWD
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

car is for bracket racing, the auto keeps it within 2 hunderths all night, kind of important when everybody im racing is running a glide with an air shifter
Old 02-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

so you saying your a shitty driver and don't wanna learn how to drive?

was outta practice on the tree........

When it was found out I was gonna enter into Bracket Racing, a BUNCH of RWD people cried foul that I would drag water to the starting line.

Oh yeah, lets not forget about the line loc on the clutch, just like leaving off a transbrake

http://bonespec.com/Honda/vids/aksc/...%20launch.mpeg

.501 tree, 14.00 @ 100 mph, D15B7 AKSC Sol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

im saying why put myself at a disadvantage?

ps when they complain about a line lock and 2 step, nhra rules say it is legal for standard transmission cars. they had shit to complain about.

oh and im assuming that a 500 was perfect on the tree if so why would anyone be worried about racing someone with a 105 package at best

Last edited by little white crx; 02-02-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

transzex car FTW!
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

okay, i've never seen or heard of anyone actually changing the fd in a honda automatic trans. but if you do it, more power to ya. you've got a quick car for what it is already. and i know you pwn the brackets as well.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in