Tranny Problem :( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
CoupeEG

Angry Tranny Problem :(

ok guys i had my clutch die on me couple weeks back, andi gave the car to some guy to fix it, but when he took it out he said that something broke in the tranny and that we needed to replace it, so i told him to go head and do that, now the real problem is here: my old tranny had a 3rd gear grind (the tranny had 170K miles) now the guy put a new one that only has 50-60K miles but im still getting the same grind (EXACTLY SAME LIKE OLD ONE) now my dad and couple other people told me that the guy tricked me and just used my old tranny because if he had put a new one that it shouldnt have any grind if the tranny is in good condition... my question is should it still grind the same or it shouldnt?? the guy said that it is drinding because something on the engine is fucked up and not the tranny lol, i dont see how engine has anything to do with it... THANKS ALOT GUYS!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 araychel is learning the way of the Daraychel is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Check your motor mounts
araychel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
CoupeEG

hmm i dont knwo what to look for im not that good with cars lol, ok since this tranny was put in the car gets wheel hop or something when i start out in first with normal driving... i think that= bad mounts?? but it didnt do it on the old tranny tho, and i looked at the mounts and they seem fine

Old 01-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

yes.... motor mounts can make you grind... my second was REAL bad before I put inserts in the mounts
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
CoupeEG

just checked my motor mounts and they are all good... so is teh tranny fucked up then??? thats the only thing i can think of rigth now
Old 01-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

The rear mount might not be bad (torn), and still be weak enough to make you grind. Does your shifter move a lot when you take off and let off the gas??
Old 01-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
CoupeEG

no it doesent move around at all, im thinking its the syncronizers, some mechanic drove it and said thats what it would be... i guess im gonan have to go to he guys house and make him fix this shit i gave him 400 for the tranny and plus 150 to install clutch i got riped off bad i guess
Old 01-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

wait for mista bone to reply...
Old 01-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

sounds to me like the tranny he sold you isnt in the shape you thought it would be, id go back and ask him wtf is up, then have him replace it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

3rd grind.......

1) loose shifter o-rings, $12 ebay short shifter
2) loose motor mounts, ES inserts, $40 and only need the rear one

Did you get your old tranny back?

It could have had a worn ISB that was yet to make noise. I've come across a few like that. While tranny is out, grab your shaft and wiggle it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 rkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I think you paid $400 for your old tranny, don't trust anyone you don't know when it comes to car repair, you'd be amazed how many mechanics rip people off.
rkcarguySI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
CoupeEG

yea im pretty sure that i paid for my own tranny because i asked him where is my tranny and he said he had to trade it for the new one, i was like wtf lol, hmmm looks liek there is gonan be some problems with me and this motherfucker... im just scarred that he didnt put that stage 3 and the flyweel in cuz i donjt feel difference and its 8 pound flyweel hmmmm this is gonna be interesting... well thanks for reply's people
Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

yeah..... 8LB's and a stage 3 you would feel. Was the clutch a sprung or unsprung one??

P.S. You have a warranty on the tranny?? If so, throw it in reverse on the freeway... lol.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguySI
I think you paid $400 for your old tranny, don't trust anyone you don't know when it comes to car repair, you'd be amazed how many mechanics rip people off.
very true, that is why my mechanic and I are good friends Nice guy and he still charges me for labor but gives me breaks and fits me in his schudle better than most hehe
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$400 is typical price for a EX/Si tranny from a repitablt salvage yard, and they do ask for the core back (where you think I get the parts trannys from?) so people like me can replace the ISB for $100 each, and they get resold for $350-400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
CoupeEG

ok but the grind should stop if i change the tranny right?? its syncronisers(cant spell it) i been to coupel shops and they told me its that, this guy is gonna replace it in a week or 2 if no other problems go wrong, and my clutch and driving feels liek stock, i mean i got a stage 3 clutch with 8 pound flyweel or he didnt install it eather?? i think im getting riped off real bad fuck
Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeEG
ok but the grind should stop if i change the tranny right??
Not unless the problem had nothing to do with the original tranny in the first place, I.E. - if it was a blown mount/s.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in