input shaft bearing noise? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98_4drCivic is learning the way of the D98_4drCivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default input shaft bearing noise?

in both modified hondas that i have owned, both transmissions made noises upon decelleration (spelling?)...but i never really determined what it was. i have a sneaking suspision that it is the input shaft bearing, or the pilot bearing. the tranny that i have in the 96 is an Si tranny, but i had the stock one in my sedan. both make the same weird noises. should i be worried about it? the transmissions both shift perfectly...

on a side note, a couple of my buddies have modded d series cars as well, and their trannys do the same thing, im beginning to think its somewhat normal
98_4drCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98_4drCivic is learning the way of the D98_4drCivic is learning the way of the D

i guess no one knows...
98_4drCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
jdmboi86

it a d-series tranny thing some bearing always goes bad like a ls tranny have 3rd gear grind i dunno but it sucks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

mine makes great sounds at idle when your foot is off the clutch, then when you push in the clutch it goes away, gotta love that shit.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_4drCivic
in both modified hondas that i have owned, both transmissions made noises upon decelleration (spelling?)...but i never really determined what it was. i have a sneaking suspision that it is the input shaft bearing, or the pilot bearing. the tranny that i have in the 96 is an Si tranny, but i had the stock one in my sedan. both make the same weird noises. should i be worried about it? the transmissions both shift perfectly...

on a side note, a couple of my buddies have modded d series cars as well, and their trannys do the same thing, im beginning to think its somewhat normal
lol the other night one about a 40mile trip back home from a road trip in the middle of the night while it was snowing i heard the noise ur talking about. Is it kinda quiet like 2 piece of rough metal rubbing against each other but not very loud and does it when u give it some gas and then take ur foot off the gas real quick? I guess its normal since u hear it and i hear it and 2 of ur buds hear it.
drunknEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 02:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnicolas
mine makes great sounds at idle when your foot is off the clutch, then when you push in the clutch it goes away, gotta love that shit.

Now that's an ISB out of a honda for you!

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in