Tranny Grinds in Reverse/Carpet Has Clutch Fluid - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Tranny Grinds in Reverse/Carpet Has Clutch Fluid

Ok, my tranny likes to grind when going into reverse, but it won't do it all the time or in any other gear. I have the car completely stopped, my foot is pressing the clutch all the way down, and the clutch fluid reservoir is full. What do you guys think the problem is?

The tranny is hydro and its in a EJ1 Coupe.
Also the slave cylinder is new. And system is bled.

Also (separate problem), I fill up the clutch fluid reservoir once every 2 weeks, and I seem to be getting clutch fluid on the drivers side...I'm guessing that my clutch master cylinder is bad?

Current 1/4 MILE TIME= [email protected]...this is with 2.2 60ft times.

Good Seller----Noeladams, Hellhatch
Good Buyer----ddd4114

Last edited by jhovtec; 01-15-2006 at 09:50 AM.
jhovtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yes, you are correct sir! You need to replace your master clutch cylinder. Also replace the slave while you are at it.
ONECAMWONDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Thanks, anyone know about the first problem?

Current 1/4 MILE TIME= [email protected]...this is with 2.2 60ft times.

Good Seller----Noeladams, Hellhatch
Good Buyer----ddd4114
jhovtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Probably due to the master cyl. being bad.... since you have a slight leak, your clutch isn't disengaugeing fully.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
icedemon

My CMC is bad too. I'm thinking about getting that OmniPower one. Anyone have this yet?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Oem > *
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 AMkrew_1 smells like BoratAMkrew_1 smells like BoratAMkrew_1 smells like BoratAMkrew_1 smells like BoratAMkrew_1 smells like BoratAMkrew_1 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AMkrew_1

A friend of mine found the trick to avoiding the "grind". Start the car. Shift to neutral. Release clutch. Depress clutch. With clutch depressed, Shift to first. Still with clutch in, Shift QUICKLY to reverse. Also, make sure to avoid rolling when shifting into reverse, as this seems to make the grinding harder to avoid. I always keep my e-brake on until I'm in reverse, ready to go.

Sometimes it takes a few tries, but it avoids the dreaded reverse grind. This isn't caused by a bad cmc, because it happens on cable trannies as well. It's something phisically wrong inside the transmission. I suspect that the grind is harder on the trans internals than quickly shifting to reverse. Good luck!

-josh-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AMkrew_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I go from 2nd to reverse in a normal manner and I never grind. Patience is a virtue.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

umm... there aren't any synchros on reverse gears, right? So that is why reverse grinds when you're moving at all. (tell me if I'm wrong)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

2 to R, no grinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
I go from 2nd to reverse in a normal manner and I never grind. Patience is a virtue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
2 to R, no grinds
Even tha masta says so.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in