clutch pedal help asap. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97
Default clutch pedal help asap.

ok i was just about to start my build and the clutch pedal has no tention. it feels like it is not connected to anything. did i miss something??? it stays on the floor when you press it. i havent had my car now to 7 months and this is the onlything holding me back . i really wanted to take for a spin tonight.

FUCK THIEVES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

is it a cable or hydro clutch?

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

hydro. its outa 97ex.

FUCK THIEVES

Old 01-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

hmmm i dunno man. ive pretty much only delt with cable, when it stays on the floor the clutch is gone or its not hooked up but im not going to lead you the wrong way so i leave this up to someone else

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2006, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

did you try bleeding it, if that dosent work usaly a reverse bleed works...other than that your clutch is prolly leaking fluid from a faulty part, eaither a bad clutch master cly. or cluch slave cly
the problem sounds similar to waht happend on my sis's lude, just one day it felt like the clutch broke...

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X292J
did you try bleeding it, if that dosent work usaly a reverse bleed works...other than that your clutch is prolly leaking fluid from a faulty part, eaither a bad clutch master cly. or cluch slave cly
the problem sounds similar to waht happend on my sis's lude, just one day it felt like the clutch broke...
well the clutch isnt that old. i took everything out. tranny and engine. how do you bleed it because my manual doesnt really show how.

FUCK THIEVES

Old 01-16-2006, 04:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular

regularly bleading is done really sooolw...as to not create air bubbles in the brake fluid and a helper is needed.
>>> careful as brake fluid/clutch fluid is corosive and is not good for your car paint or skin/eyes so try not to get it on eather or, or any combination for that matter...
REGULAR BLEED
first put some fluid in the clutch fluid resivor and pump it really slow with your hand first if the pedel gose all the way to the floor(like if it has no resistance at all and the spring is pushing it to the floor) and have your helper check if theres leaks near the clutch master and slave cly.
if no leaks are present then its time to bleed it, i think a 9mm is needed for the slave cly bleed nut, the nut-nipple thing prolly has a rubber cap on it.
pump it 3times really slow as not to create blubles in the fluid then wait sip some beer if you want then with the pedel down (or clutch disengaged) open the bleeder nut on the slave cly and bleed some of it out then close it up and repeat untill you get some tension on the pedel
oh yeah make sure theres always fluid in the clutch resivor, it would suck to get air into the lines

REVERSE BLEED
i havent done this but i think it gose something like you having jar with a hose connected to the bleeder nipple on the slave cly and then pumping the clutch in the same fashion jus in revrese untill there are no more bubbles in the clutch fluid resivor
im not really sure on this so someone clarify on it

ive also read on bleeding it using using the brake resivor and using your brakes or something or other but other than that i dunno, someone else might have info on this

^^^ i hope this is all correct as i jus put it down from memory so like someone check on it, but other than that i think its corect.

One mooore ting... its a good idea to repalce the clutch slave cly and clutch master together b/c the two parts are used together which prolly meens thell wear out at the same time,

and One mooore ting also... is it jus me or dose a 97' civic seem odd to need this now the lude had like 167kmi on it when the clutch master went bad.
holla

Last edited by X292J; 01-16-2006 at 04:30 AM. Reason: check the fluid level yo.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

same thing happened to me...turns out there was a leak in the master cylinder
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X292J
regularly bleading is done really sooolw...as to not create air bubbles in the brake fluid and a helper is needed.
>>> careful as brake fluid/clutch fluid is corosive and is not good for your car paint or skin/eyes so try not to get it on eather or, or any combination for that matter...
REGULAR BLEED
first put some fluid in the clutch fluid resivor and pump it really slow with your hand first if the pedel gose all the way to the floor(like if it has no resistance at all and the spring is pushing it to the floor) and have your helper check if theres leaks near the clutch master and slave cly.
if no leaks are present then its time to bleed it, i think a 9mm is needed for the slave cly bleed nut, the nut-nipple thing prolly has a rubber cap on it.
pump it 3times really slow as not to create blubles in the fluid then wait sip some beer if you want then with the pedel down (or clutch disengaged) open the bleeder nut on the slave cly and bleed some of it out then close it up and repeat untill you get some tension on the pedel
oh yeah make sure theres always fluid in the clutch resivor, it would suck to get air into the lines

REVERSE BLEED
i havent done this but i think it gose something like you having jar with a hose connected to the bleeder nipple on the slave cly and then pumping the clutch in the same fashion jus in revrese untill there are no more bubbles in the clutch fluid resivor
im not really sure on this so someone clarify on it

ive also read on bleeding it using using the brake resivor and using your brakes or something or other but other than that i dunno, someone else might have info on this

^^^ i hope this is all correct as i jus put it down from memory so like someone check on it, but other than that i think its corect.

One mooore ting... its a good idea to repalce the clutch slave cly and clutch master together b/c the two parts are used together which prolly meens thell wear out at the same time,

and One mooore ting also... is it jus me or dose a 97' civic seem odd to need this now the lude had like 167kmi on it when the clutch master went bad.
holla

sweet thanks....btw check your rep .

FUCK THIEVES

Old 01-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

could be the slave cyl.. the rod inside that pushes on the thing that goes inside the tranny to the pushbearing.. go feel the thing that sticks out of the the tranny

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic97
sweet thanks....btw check your rep .
no prob. glad to help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in