Loud Noise - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Loud Noise

Hey,
I have a question. When, I went to start my car today it started making is loud noise it almost sounded like a bolt was loose and the noise is coming for the left side of the engine bay. I told a friend of mine and he said he had the same problem and that he had a loose transmission bolt. Now on the other hand I know I have to have my throw out bearing replace and we do that at the end of this month, but if you guys have any suggestion on the noise let me know...
Rionmann3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

thats a tough one, without a better idea of whats going on other than "loud noise" its hard to diagnose over the internet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 15 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via MSN to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via Skype™ to TAGs95CivicEX
Question What

Is the noise during starting, after it is started, or both? Starter maybe.

-TAG
God Made Shit, Chevrolet Just Put Wheels On It
TAGs95CivicEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

After starting the car
Old 01-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 15 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via MSN to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via Skype™ to TAGs95CivicEX
Question What Kind

What exactly is the noise, is it just at idle or all the time after start, what about clutch in and clutch out does it make a difference? let us know what EXACTLY is happening, and maybe we can help ya out.

-TAG
Old 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Okay, well when I start the car is when the noise starts. It sounds like a bolt is rattling loose. The noise continues even while I am driving no matter if the clutch is press or released. A friend of mine thought that I might have a loose tranmission bolt, but I dont know..
Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Lightbulb Rattle

Damn a rattle could be anything, but start looking around for loose bolts is the only thing you can do, it doesn't sound like a inner transmission related noise so that is a good thing, basically you gotta just to trial and error of looking at different bolts. That's the only suggestion I have, sorry I can't help ya more.

-TAG
Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

What part of the motor is it coming from? Bottom/top?

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah, that is what I am going to do when I get off work. I going to check my exhaust manifold bolts, because I just put on new intake, header, cat-back, coil-overs, and shocks...
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre
What part of the motor is it coming from? Bottom/top?
near bottom
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

take the heat shield off to the flywheel... see if a rock or something got stuck up in there.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Are you talking on the tranmission, because I don't have the heat shield for the exhaust manifold
Old 01-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Yes there is a shield to protect the flywheel attached to the tranny under the car.. (not a heat shield sorry)

Old 01-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey, is it held on with clips, bolts, or screws???
Old 01-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Premium Member

bolts, but sometimes they get bent out of shape and let shit in.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Alright man I will check this out and post findings later tonite...
Old 01-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

I found out what the noise was today from the shop. It was a losse bolt on the second oxygen sensor I do use on my header. So, I going to get a gasket to make sure that problem doesn't come up again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in