ZC differential in DX? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ZC differential in DX?

Does anyone know if I can take the the diff out of my zc tranny and put it in my dx tranny? I want to eliminate torque steer and have a strong diff(ZC), as well as longer gearing(DX).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
4thgen_4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

nope..........not possible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
bspeed

put the dx gears in the ZC trans and be done.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

ZC has DX FD ratio @ 3.889, wanna try again?

ZC and DX have the same non-LSD diff with the weak diff pin.

Beyond that info lets discuss the 35mm vs 40mm bearing issue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

so it cant be done... I mainly wanted to get rid of torque steer, and have stronger axles. Ill be running about 250 whp.
4thgen_4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I have a ZC diff with the replacement "golden" diff pin and axle seals if you want, it would have to go in a Si case, but you could swap whatever FD you wanted.

But really a OBX would be the best option.....

Quote:
Old 01-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
bspeed

bone what year does the "golden" diff pin come in so I can swap it into my Si.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Will this dif fit into a 97 ex case? I need to get ahold of you transzex to help me modify the zc 3 and 4 gears to fit!
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

it was a replacement pin, didn't come in anything OEM production

Why would you wanna put a ZC diff in a 6g case? no axles made to make it work

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in