auto to manual swap in 2 weeks!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 civic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default auto to manual swap in 2 weeks!!

I am finally about to cross over in to the manual transmission world!!! heidi has been out of commision for a while due to someone who deserves a darwin award for putting 10w 40 oil in my auto tranny, so it took a dump, but it gave me the excuse to take vacation from work to go ahead and do some transmission work!!!!! can't wait.

:skull:

civic2thaflo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
94 DC2

Default go 4 it!!!!

have fun ain't gona b easy but sure will b fun!!!! are u doing the swap urself?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Z6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

It's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. I'm in the process of doing one right now. It's actually easier than anything you read. The hardest thing...the pedals! They are a pain in the arse. Hit me up if you have questions. BTW - my swap is a Z6 manual into an auto DX hatch. (92-95) Hit me if you need...
Z6HatchGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 1st racerette is learning the way of the D1st racerette is learning the way of the D

I so agree ^ the pedals were so hard to take out. A major pain in the ass. At the end it is all worth it. I did the same swap so if you have any questions let me know.
1st racerette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

well, let ^^^^ they said. I've done it too. I have a dx coupe and swap in a z6 and converted it to a manual. I went through alot of problems and at the end, I solve them all so if you got any problems, let me know.
Garage_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

the pedals werent too hard when i helped with one.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 civic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enough

I have done transmission work on a dodge truck and that was a pita, i think this should not be too hard, but yeah, i can already see the pedal problems.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

five days left before i start my vacation to go ahead and do the tranny swap, am glad now though that i found a manual ecu from civtec on here so i don't have to convert the ecu.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

well, finished the swap with a few minor setbacks but runs absolutely freakin beautiful makes me tear up at how lovely it is to just shift so effortlessly!!

splurged a little and got a skunk 2 shift knob and had a friend of mine reprogram my ecu for free!!! how lucky am I???? and i must say the new 32 mpg is definately not hurting me too much hehehehe

pics to come soon!!!! have to transfer them from the digi cam.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes

did you have any problems with the transmission mount? was there a gap? what year is your civic>
Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

im finishing up my built swap this weekend i believe... pics to come

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Glad it came out good doing one myself this winter.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

about to do mine very soon.. maybe when i replace my blown motor it might come out of the garage as a manual... now that would be nice..

konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

i have a 95 ex sedan

and i actually had a friend of mine fabricate a conversion mount like what hasport and place racing makes. turned out really sweet. still have not had a chance to download the pics of the digi. will post tomorrow before i go to work.

good luck if you do, once you get past the pedals, the rest is downhill
Old 01-31-2006, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

thats good then. I have to spend 194 shipped for mine but I'm glad I got it.. post up pics when you can!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Godo Luck dude,

I had a dude who knew his stuff and we did the swap in about 5 hours, a little less actually as we did a motor service at the same time.

It's pretty straight forward, I kept in the pedals, and just cut the brake pedal with a angle grinder and fitted the clutch pedal with the clutch master on it's own...........worked a treat....

1992- Civic Eg8Mx....
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic2thaflo
well, finished the swap with a few minor setbacks but runs absolutely freakin beautiful makes me tear up at how lovely it is to just shift so effortlessly!!

splurged a little and got a skunk 2 shift knob and had a friend of mine reprogram my ecu for free!!! how lucky am I???? and i must say the new 32 mpg is definately not hurting me too much hehehehe

pics to come soon!!!! have to transfer them from the digi cam.
Hey dude do not forguet the pics!!!

I saw that how to but have no further explanations rather than electric:
http://www.brokenlimits.com/howto/ho...automanual.htm

I wish to know what i need to buy and make my own swap!!!
An of course waht i need to do at the mechanis!!!!
Basically i wanna know how to do whole swap.....
If any one have patience please explane to me...
Thanks!!!!
sergio.sakon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in