New Clutch Acts Like Old One - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews
Default New Clutch Acts Like Old One

Hey Guys, I Dont Post That Much But Ran Into A Problem. My94 Civic Dx Just Got A New Clutch About 1200 Miles Ago Because The Stock One Was Slippin Like Hell. Put A New One In And It Still Does It. Someone Told Me It Could Be The Slave Cylinder. I Bled The Clutch Fluid Like 6 Times With New Fluid....still Slippin. Help! Input Is Greatly Appriceited. ~jim
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

When you got it done, did you get a new pressure plate and resurface the flywheel? Get new pilot and throwout bearings?
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I'd say that you need to adjust your clutch pedal.... the rod attached to your clutch pedal....
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

well i didnt resurface the flywheel, and i replaced the pressure plate and the throwout bearing. whats the pilot? sorry for the noob ? and its only an occassional slip
Old 01-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Pilot bearing is that bearing in the flywheel that looks like a skateboard wheel bearing.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
I can't read...

yep replaced it. could it be the slave cylinder? and if i adjusted my clutch pedal would that make a big difference? thanks agian guys!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

It might.... where does the clutch engauge?? near the floor, or up at the top??
Old 01-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
I can't read...

about halfway...closer to top
Old 01-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'd adjust it down a lil... not too much, or it will never fully let off the clutch..... ya'know?? See if that works.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Doesnt slip all the time? hmm have any oil leaks? rear main seal perhaps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

flywheel was probably glased over from old clutch, now new one is sliping on the guilt up glaze, should have resurfaced it to give it a fresh surface to mate too.

my clutch is going too lol, the 5000rpm raunches take their tole, however I did take the NA 300zx back to school :haha: . good times.
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
I can't read...

thanks alot guys...weekend project i guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in