reasonable price for tranny install? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

Default reasonable price for tranny install?

i've got a 95 si tranny that i want to get put in my del sol and i really don't want to get burned so for all of you that have had your tranny installed for you, what's a good price?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Most places around here NJ that is ....Are about 425-450.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

hmm... you know i was trying to avoid doing it myself since my cars so low...but if that's what i have to look forward to then...screw that!

Old 01-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

First time i did mine it took me about 4 hours....

4 hours VS $425-450

Do it yourself save the money....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

you might try to find a mechanic that will do work on the side and see if you can pay him 100 - 150. there are alot of mechanics out there that are more than willing to do side work for cash. but you don't get any type of warranty with this.
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gftgrill
you might try to find a mechanic that will do work on the side and see if you can pay him 100 - 150. there are alot of mechanics out there that are more than willing to do side work for cash. but you don't get any type of warranty with this.
While on the toher hand, your supplied parts at any mechanic will generally lead to non-warrantied work

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_daddy_b_99
hmm... you know i was trying to avoid doing it myself since my cars so low...but if that's what i have to look forward to then...screw that!
If you were closer I would of gone to your place and helped you out. All it would of cost you would of been a Pizza. LOL But yea i would be glad to help you out, but your in Texas
Quote:
damd it ricky. you know it'll supersain JDM mad tyte, son. lol.
R.I.P Milo, You were my second brother and I will Always remember you.
CxHatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

^ hey i can handle a pizza! haha yeah i might find someone to do it on the side, if not looks like sunday i'll be workin on the sol since it's my only day off.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Dont take it to shop, its going to cost more money than its worth. There is got to people on here that are close to you that are willing to help you out
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

^yeah, maybe anyone in the houston area reading this? haha if so hey i'm about 45 minutes to an hour south of houston, near hwy 59! work will be done in the shop at i work at so i've got good tools to use if not, well atleast i tried!

Last edited by big_daddy_b_99; 01-02-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I charge $250 to R&R a tranny that I'm gonna work on. for $50 more I will swap the clutch and flywheel.

Think it is high, then do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_daddy_b_99
i've got a 95 si tranny that i want to get put in my del sol and i really don't want to get burned so for all of you that have had your tranny installed for you, what's a good price?
going rate in so cal is 300 -
Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all

Bone's a busy man, gotta make it worth his time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
I charge $250 to R&R a tranny that I'm gonna work on. for $50 more I will swap the clutch and flywheel.

Think it is high, then do it yourself.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I hate dropping trannys on other peoples cars, takes twice as long.

Oh yeah, I won't fall for the "I have a air compressor" trick again.........drive 450-500 miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.

Funny now, but I wasn't laughing then!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
SOHC4life 96

A buddy and I charge $150 for a tranny swap. That is if you supply the tranny. It will usually take us 3-3 1/2 hours to acutally finish it, but we fuck around for more than 3/4 of the time. It's usually about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute job.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

Quote:
Oh yeah, I won't fall for the "I have a air compressor" trick again.........drive 450-500 miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.
now that blows... if i can find someone local i'm gonna do the swap in the shop where i work. i work with the mechanic for a oil field drilling fluids hauling company and we have everything we'd need to make it a smooth and painless install...as long as nothing goes wrong! haha

Last edited by big_daddy_b_99; 01-06-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
bspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
drive ... miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.
I laughed when it happened to me and went back home, told the kid to tow it to my house if he wanted it done.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspeed
I laughed when it happened to me and went back home, told the kid to tow it to my house if he wanted it done.
Funny now, but without that effort I made, 2/3's of the CRX USA would have happened.

Oh Yeah, Some Blurple GSR and I bought my 86 Trans Am.

Small World once you think about to old folk.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in