tranny swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default tranny swap

can anybody help me with my problem. i have 2000 civic ex with auto tranny. and i want to swap it over. does anyone know of a good website that shows you ow to do the swap. i know i need the ecu, tranny,pedals,linkages, and all of that stuff. i just need advice on how to get start. any help would great.
thanks alot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car12.jpg (36.6 KB, 61 views)
civic2n2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Cuong-Nutz will become famous soon enoughCuong-Nutz will become famous soon enoughCuong-Nutz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cuong-Nutz Send a message via MSN to Cuong-Nutz

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=550221

there's a starter... There's a few guys that have done the swap that will help you out if you have any questions
Old 12-24-2005, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

i have got a tranny out of a 93 non vtech hatch. is that good one to use. or is there a better one i should try to find.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic2n2000
i have got a tranny out of a 93 non vtech hatch. is that good one to use. or is there a better one i should try to find.
Try to find one from a 96-00 EX.

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/inde...howtopic=29829
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 04:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cool trannie info

you will need :

92 and up trannie
shifter linkage
ecu that is a 5 speed : but you can run the auto for now if you want to
trannie mount and support bracket for a 5 speed
flywheel and bolts
starter for 5 speed
your axles will work
clutch
clutch lines, pedal, master and slave cylinder , resivour

there is a couple or wiring issues that you will have to deal with

i just did one on mt 97 civic hb

if you have any problems at all just pm me or my email is :

[email protected]

joe griffin

ps : i had mine done in 2 hours, thats if you got air tools and a hoist

Last edited by 97civichb; 12-26-2005 at 04:57 AM. Reason: ?
97civichb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

i have been looking for the ecu but am not sure which i need. does anyone know the which i need to find.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

id say a manual p28 would be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

the p28 ecu is obd-1 my 00 civic is a obd-2.does that means i will have to get a some sort conversion harness. if so where can i get one and how much.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
eg2door

hasport sells them and they are usually around 100 dollars
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation ecu

the ecu u need is either :

p2p

or a

p2e

one of them is a 5 speed non vtec ecu

just dont remember, sorry

joe griffin
97civichb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Z6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

For warning on searching for information - I've been to about 7 sites and between the 7 can't really find half the info I'm looking for. But all the info I find is for an EK. Which in your case is good. In my case - bad. I would not advise trying to complete this swap without a friend who has done it or if you haven't done serious work to your car. (Please don't think I'm saying you're incompatent.) This is not your "I can have this done in 30 minutes" kind of swap. And if you're by yourself, give yourself time. Patience is a good thing to have as well. Glad luck!! I'll be getting mine done hopefully in the next week or so.
Z6HatchGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
smo

Rep Power: 0 smo is learning the way of the Dsmo is learning the way of the D

offtopic a little, but is there some difference between these two trannys?

P20, is on my new d16Z6
S20, had on my old d15B7
smo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Z6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to all

I'm not 100% sure, but more than likely the biggest different will be gear ratios. Don't hold me to that tho.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
smo

Rep Power: 0 smo is learning the way of the Dsmo is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6HatchGirlie
I'm not 100% sure, but more than likely the biggest different will be gear ratios. Don't hold me to that tho.
i had a though that the gear ratios may be the _only_ difference.
but not sure. and i need to know the ratios anyway, so i could choose witch one to put in with the z6.

help? anyone?
smo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

You should try and find a Z6 tranny. Well..are you wanting to have a set up more for drag or auto cross? If you want drag...Z6 tranny. Anything else...you'll have to ask someone else. Hehe. I don't know much about autocross.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

one of the problem is the o2 sensor located on the cat.. it will hit the shift linkage.. get a bung a have it relocated.. and you need a manual intake manifold from 99-00....
denracho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97civichb
ps : i had mine done in 2 hours, thats if you got air tools and a hoist
hmmm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Took me, with a hoist and air tools and being my first time, about 7 hours to do the trans swap.

Now after doing it once, I could do it in about 4.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm going to give myself a whole day. I've done a few motor swaps and such...but I don't have air tools. I'm not a stout ass woman. I have to use things like breakbars and such..and occassionally jump on a cheater bar to break shit loose. But it'll get done..and I'll be able to say I did it. Of course, I'll probably get either my boyfriend or my friend to come by and make sure everything is snug tight...I don't have the best arm. My strength is in my legs... Used to dance every weekend...NO not at the shake junt. Like break dancin' and shit....not anymore tho. My wrists and shoulders can't take it anymore..but back to tranny...I just bought the last bits I needed today...so hopefully this rain will come and go quickly..and I'll get started on her.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 civic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

in between the two trannys, p20 and s20, another difference is that the p20's had steel shift forks. the s20's had aluminum shift forks.
civic2thaflo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in