Crx Si Tranny Issues!!!!!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
sikassEK

Default Crx Si Tranny Issues!!!!!!!!

aight heres the deal,i bought a 89 4dr EF for a beater with no tranny cause the one that was in it shattered! so i decide to put a Si tranny in it since i plan on getting rid of the d15b2 for minime bOOst later on,now heres the prob. with the clutch pushed in and the tranny in gear the car doesn't roll!!! i have no clue as to what the hell is goin on cause this is the first time i've dealt with a cable tranny.......please help out the nOOb
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

you have to let your foot off the clutch for it to move buddy lol j/k check the axles

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Reckone

Taking it that e brake isn't on. Try jacking it up with both front wheels off the ground. Spin one wheel, the other should spin the oppisite way. If it doesn't then you may have a axel out of place, or a bad diff. Does the car drive and shift?

Old 12-23-2005, 02:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

When you adjusted the cable you probably got it too tight. There should be about a 1/4 inch of slack in it. The adjuster is the fat plastic nut that sits on bracket above the clutch fork.
KlownKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

do you know for sure that the tranny was even good before install?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
sikassEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
do you know for sure that the tranny was even good before install?
got it in a trade-off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlownKiller
When you adjusted the cable you probably got it too tight. There should be about a 1/4 inch of slack in it. The adjuster is the fat plastic nut that sits on bracket above the clutch fork.
i'll try that and see if that works....
Old 12-23-2005, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

if your using the wrong axle/tranny combo, if might not work right. the tranny that i got is having problems, if the axle is completly in then it doesnt work, but if the axle is pushed out about an inch then it works just fine.
russianswty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
sikassEK

well i think i found my problem,the tranny is out of an 88 si and the motor clutch/pp flywheel is an 89! i was reading on H-T that if ur using an 88 tranny on a 89 up motor u have to use the clutch from the year of the tranny...just wanted to make sure this is true before i go out and buy a clutch disc? also will i have to change anything else but the clutch.....ex.pp/flywheel?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikassEK
well i think i found my problem,the tranny is out of an 88 si and the motor clutch/pp flywheel is an 89! i was reading on H-T that if ur using an 88 tranny on a 89 up motor u have to use the clutch from the year of the tranny...just wanted to make sure this is true before i go out and buy a clutch disc? also will i have to change anything else but the clutch.....ex.pp/flywheel?
well your tranny wouldnt have even mated to the motor if that was the issue. the splines are different so the input shaft would not have splined correctly with the clutch.

to make it work correct you will need an 88 clutch. the flywheel isnt much of an issue, it will just have a surface area too big for the clutch

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
sikassEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
well your tranny wouldnt have even mated to the motor if that was the issue. the splines are different so the input shaft would not have splined correctly with the clutch.

to make it work correct you will need an 88 clutch. the flywheel isnt much of an issue, it will just have a surface area too big for the clutch

well i found out from my good "employees" (friends) that when they were putting the tranny in,it went on half way and then they just put the bolts in the tranny and tightened them down to get it on the rest of the way!
so thas why i think that the prob might just be the clutch disc.......
Old 12-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikassEK
well i found out from my good "employees" (friends) that when they were putting the tranny in,it went on half way and then they just put the bolts in the tranny and tightened them down to get it on the rest of the way!
so thas why i think that the prob might just be the clutch disc.......
wow, well you better get it off and check for any other damage they may have caused

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$200 to go thru the tranny if it wasn't cracked.

Either the mounting ears are cracked, or the mainshaft was shoved out the outer casing.

I believe the clutch disc would be stronger and not collapsed.......

I'd all be worried if any damage was done to the thrust bearing and oil pump on the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
sikassEK

another thing thas worrying me is that we were rocking the car to see maybe if it would engage the clutch or something whenever it was in gear withthe clutch pushed in! do u guys think that hurt anything by doin that?

well were gonna pull the tranny out tonight and see if any damage was done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in