Dropped Transmission - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
zoubz13

Default Dropped Transmission

Was driving my 93 EX that is turbo charged a few weeks ago in the snow and dropped my transmission. It slipped out once while driving but I didn't really notice it and thought I may have just slipped on the snow. A little later I was taking a corner and went to shift up to third after the corner and lost everything. The tires never lost traction once to cause any serious stress on the tranny though. The transmission will still go into gear and turn because you can here it and see it affect the speedometer, but it won't transfer to the tires. I'm thinking I tore up the differential. What do you guys think? Is the tranny trash or can I just replace the diff. with a limited slip and be good to go?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

do you hear a grinding noise when you try to go

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
zoubz13

not really when I put it in gear and let out the clutch you can here spinning in the transmission and if in 2nd or higher the speedo jumps up to a certain speed limit but no grinding really just the whir of the spinning. There was a clunk when the tranny dropped out other than that nothing

Old 12-21-2005, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

check your cv axle on the drivers side pull it out and look at that and the half-shaft maybe one of them went out

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

popped an axle, i bet. get under there, and wiggle your CVs, see if one has a bit of play, if so, you snapped a joint

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
zoubz13

I'll check and get back at you guys.......
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Ya check the axles.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

pray for it to be your axles... doesnt sound like it was your tranny

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I hope your clutch isnt slipping.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
zoubz13

No........I experienced that before I put on my stage II clutch and lightweight flywheel. The clutch grabs but doesn't transf to the tires somewhere from the tranny to the axles.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
zoubz13

NOPE guys.........its the transmission...........axles are fine, so if anyone has a tranny and or a lsd they want to part with pm me! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in