Clutch/Flywheel Combo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Clutch/Flywheel Combo

Hey guys, looking to find out what clutch and flywheel combo to go with. I'm looking at a stage 2, 6 puck clutch. But the real question is on the flywheel. Can you go too light? Would it be better to go with a 7 lb or 11 lb fidanza flywheel? Just trying to get the best combo for my si tranny before I put it into my mini me. Thanks for the info.

Levi
4CleanDoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

If it's daily driven, the 7 lb flywheel will drive you nuts. 11-12 lbs is light enough.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 StealthSol is learning the way of the DStealthSol is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to StealthSol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
If it's daily driven, the 7 lb flywheel will drive you nuts. 11-12 lbs is light enough.
I love my 7lb flywheel, and its daily driven
StealthSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
tcfsurfer

the lighter the better! i would def go with a 7 lb flywheel, i have an 8.5 lb in mine and its fine for daily driving
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 05:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I got a 10lb and thats the lightest i'll go.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat4CleanDoors smells like Borat

What is the big difference between the 7.5 lb and lets say 10 pound, other than the weight? I am looking at getting a 7.5 lb fidanza, but want to know the drawbacks of it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Just get an ACT streelite, I have one along with an exedy stage 1 clutch and its great. You will regret getting a 7lb flywheel!!!!
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 StealthSol is learning the way of the DStealthSol is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to StealthSol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohc Wrath
You will regret getting a 7lb flywheel!!!!
have you had one? why you think he'll regret it?
StealthSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

I said the 7 lb will drive him nuts because I've driven my car with the stock flywheel in stop-n-go traffic and my buddies 92 hatch with an approx. 8 lb flywheel in stop-n-go traffic and I wanted to kill myself.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Ok, you guys keep saying you want to kill yourself, but what exactly makes you mad with the really light flywheel? You said you hated driving in stop and go with your friends light one, but why did you hate it? It seems that people are just saying they don't like it, but without explaining what they dislike about it.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just to roll the car forward, I had to rev the piss outta it.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
Just to roll the car forward, I had to rev the piss outta it.
Lol u will prolly have to rev to 3500 to get out of 1st. It will be annoying to rev your car all the time. But at the sametime its prolly perference...some ppl dont mind reving their car so much. I dont like it so i got a 10lb.

If u deal w/ bumper to bumper traffic, then i hope u are wearing comfortable sneakers.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in