Welding DIfferntial - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Welding DIfferntial

Does anyone know how to weld up the differential on a d16a6 tranny? I would also like to know where to get a manuals or something to help me rebuild a transsmission out of all these blown ones i have sitting around. THanks
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I talked to a few shops about that, its not worth rebuilding from what I hear, parts alone are kind pricey, and its no cake walk to rebuild one either.... Its cheaper in the long run just to buy another one, as far as welding the spider gears in the transmission, I would just look into buying an LSD.......phantom grip is a good start
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

you actually just weld the spider gears together while there in the diff. that prevents the free independant turning of each axle and makes it posi. hope I helped.
d-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2005, 06:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dog
you actually just weld the spider gears together while there in the diff. that prevents the free independant turning of each axle and makes it posi. hope I helped.
yep, weld the teeth together, turn it, weld them together again, and so on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via AIM to 4speedpride

not quite posi, more like noslip diff. i did this in one of my old fords, thing would do flatspins like no other

*1990 EX 4dr*
B18C1 w/ CTR pistons, B16 head, skunk2 valve springs, crower stage 3 cams and CBR1000 Throttle bodies

*1993 LX 4dr*
H23A1, QSD H2B kit, GSR trans, log mani, HX35, 27x7x2.5 FMIC, 2.25" ic piping

My ride thread:

:bravo:
4speedpride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via AIM to 4speedpride

and make sure you dont do pussy ass welds either. take your time, do it right

*1990 EX 4dr*
B18C1 w/ CTR pistons, B16 head, skunk2 valve springs, crower stage 3 cams and CBR1000 Throttle bodies

*1993 LX 4dr*
H23A1, QSD H2B kit, GSR trans, log mani, HX35, 27x7x2.5 FMIC, 2.25" ic piping

My ride thread:

:bravo:
4speedpride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

try not to heat it too much either, weld, let cool, weld again. repeat until you feel safe running it in your car.

its the equivilant(traction wise) as a spool

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 12-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i don't get why you'd weld a diff on a car, unless it's a track only machine..? oh, and i think haynes makes general manuals for transmissions
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 ekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniFactor
i don't get why you'd weld a diff on a car, unless it's a track only machine..?
cause you have to be a sav :mikej:

lots of good shiz you wanna buy now:mikej:

sold my D got a B i drink my own P Update! sold the B now I'm in a Subie dub argh exx. I can go damn near anywhere... fast!!
ekny8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough

I had an jdm oem lsd obd0 trannsmission and something blew up inside it kus i had a act stage3 and i liked to chirp both wheels in 1st,2nd,and 3rd. JDM lsd sucks. Id still like to know how to rebuild transsmissions becouse i have so many of them sitting around that iether just have 1st,2nd,or 3rd missiing. Also the reason i wanted to weld the diff besides the fact that im gona have like 300hp is it mite strengthen the diff. I know transsmission are only 250 but i would like to build one with lsd and custome gearing or something.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....

welded diff = make a turn, and your tranny binds, though. it's not streetable. the more you turn with it, the more likely it is to break, when you go to launch... phantom grip would be better.. i think they have a set of extra clutchpacks that make it stick more, straight lining it
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

yeah if its goign to be a street driven car DO NOT weld the diff, makes for shitty driving in any conditions besides absolutely dry and will cause more dmaage in the long run

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough

Hey dont save her! You say you had a lsd jdm trans? Just curios you say OBD0 so it must have been cable...right, really interested to find out, I was told they did NOT make a cable lsd tranny from honda!! Please tell me other wise!! I have a hydro one, but need a cable one!
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

send me your blown tranny with the LSD. ill salvage just the differential and put it in my SI

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 12-15-2005, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajosh
Hey dont save her! You say you had a lsd jdm trans? Just curios you say OBD0 so it must have been cable...right, really interested to find out, I was told they did NOT make a cable lsd tranny from honda!! Please tell me other wise!! I have a hydro one, but need a cable one!

i thought some zc's came with the lsd in it..could be wrong.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

It was an obd0 cable transsmission. It was kinda dirty so i didnt see the code but it had lsd and im pretty shure it wasnt a gaulife or phantome grip. Also the transmission blew up like the jdm lsd are know for not wanting to hold more than 140hp. I was only running a stock d16a6 but i had a act stage 3 and motor mount stiffners so i could grab both front tires in 1st,2nd, and 3rd. I think the diff blew, unlike my other trannys where only 1 gear would go out.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

For the rebuild, get a helms manual! There is a full section about transmission.....

B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in