reverse problem common? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack
Default reverse problem common?

Is reverse going out a common problem on honda transmissions? Just wondering as most of them I've seen have a tendency to be a little tempermental going into reverse occasionally. My reverse went out, a couple weeks ago and I was curious if it was unusual or not....<shrug>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

automatic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

nope 5 speed. Just out of the blue it won't go into reverse.....like there is something blocking it. An interlock problem maybe?

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."

Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Try putting it into 1st gear then reverse, if you haven't already?
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Yeah, I tried that already. That's the normal tempermental nature of the tranny....but this is different. Shifter won't even go into position, not with reving it up and releasing the clutch not with pulling till you see red, not yelling at it.....you get the idea. Note, I found this out while sitting in a flat parking lot space that I had to back out of, while performing my job as a courier....joy.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

try light pressure on the shifter and then slowly let the clutch out. if that doesn't work, you've probably bent the reverse shifter fork in the tranny.

MSD Blaster Coil, Cap $50
Generic High Flow Cat 2.5" $25
Rear Disc conversion $225
solo-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

this happens quite often in hondas. put the car in first, roll forward an inch or 2, then put it in reverse. this is normal. it happens in cars with either cable shifters or shift rods.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hondaphile

ok, well I've tried both of those tricks....neither works. Oh well, just means I swap the other one in, while I rebuild the EX. Now, just to get the time to do it, when I'm not tired from a long day of work or doing things on the weekends.....damnit. I have to go see the in-laws this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in