Anything to improve a ZC tranny other than Si FD? Also SOHC block Q - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
diegoaccord

Default Anything to improve a ZC tranny other than Si FD? Also SOHC block Q

I got a ZC tranny, which equates to good 1-5 but a DX spec FD.

Other than the USDM Si final drive, are there any other things that make for shorter combinations? Like using another tranny's 3rd as your 4th, or whatever?

Also, this motor will probably be cammed and turbo'd. WHEN it blows up, I am going SOHC. Is the USDM Civic RTi D16A6 the only SOHC block I can use for my ZC tranny? Or are there other, newer ones, that have a place for an Int shaft?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2005, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
diegoaccord

How about this:

1.066(CX third gear)

FD 4.9(not OEM)

Last edited by diegoaccord; 11-24-2005 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

couldn't really do that, and it's a 3mph difference

1.066 is like 109mph at redline and 1.033 is a 112mph at redline

who really cares about something that insignificant
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

depends on what tranny your trying to swap parts into.........

Yes it is possible...........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
diegoaccord

It would go into the DOHC ZC case. Mid-shaft > unequal length axles. Transex, is what I posted the shortest possible?

Now that this ZC may need a HG after just fixing the IM gasket, I'm not fixing it,(I heard all these rumors about these ZC's anyway) but the trans will live on to serve an H22A mated with Bisimoto H/F to D deries tranny conversion kit.

The custom ratio ZC trans is cost effective, and will have better ratios than a H22A tranny.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

why in the world would you want to run a weak d-series tranny with a torquey h22a?

i could see like a h2b, but h2d?

if you're going to do all that you might as well get a h2b adapter and run a b16 tranny, there's several more options for b-series. Well, d-series has more options of gears, but the b16 tranny is the perfect tranny. and jdm OEM 4.785 final drives
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 05:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
diegoaccord

Bisi Eihzoria uses D series trannies on his 350 HP + F series motors. F and H are compatible. My motor would be bolt-ons+cams. Turbo VTEC D's put out more HP/TQ at the wheels, on D series trannies, don't they?

Besides, I have the ZC tranny. With it's ratios and that 4.9 FD, who needs a B tranny anyways. Beside, most cable B16 tranny grind into 2 and 3rd. The ZC tranny doesn't, is cost efficient, and just like B16, has a midshaft.

I really wanted to turbo this ZC I have, but it had to fuck up AGAIN! After only driving on it 3 days.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

does anyone know if I could us the zc gearing and keep my final drive in a y8 trans?
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

da, with boost run the ZC tranny with a CRX DX/Si 5th.........

4.9 FD will prove to be useless and you'll be shifting too much.......4.25 and boost would be too much with the close ZC ratios

FYI Bisi runs a 4.40 FD with 27" tall slicks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO SOHC
does anyone know if I could us the zc gearing and keep my final drive in a y8 trans?
you can swap in 3rd and 4th, 4th needing grinding to fit. Then choose a 5th, I prefer the .771 for the D15 I'm running.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
diegoaccord

Is the 4.4 Aftermarket or one of the hard to get D series 2G Teg FD's?

What do you suggest with either motor? Since I refilled tank, I've had 3 more days without the ZC overheating, so, I will check the radiator, and if it's still full, then I can pin the rough running to the ECU codes I have (10,16), and determine the motor fit to turbo.

But if not, then H22A is on it's way. What is your choice of gears for that motor, with D series gears? Also, you say, if ZC turbo, use the ZC 1-4's and DX/Si 5th, but no FD is mentioned. I'd imagine that the ZC's DX final drive is unsuitable for any kind of speed.

Last note, I don't make compromises, so I don't care if I'm crusing in 5th at 5500-6000 at 80 MPH. Likewise, I'm willing to run Crespo stage 5 cams daily in the ZC. If it truly is better to have the shortest gears possible, please tell me. I don't think a turbo ZC, nor a bolt on H22 would run out of gear.

Just looking for final confirmation before I go stockpile part/make WTB threads at CSR/CSS.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

4.4 is a Houseman piece, about $1500

ZC gearbox, DX FD, the close ratio will make up for the FD.

I've run out of gear with my D15.....it is not that hard..........

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in