best clutch for D - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster
Default best clutch for D

what's the best clutch for the D' looking for good streetability but for best launches also LSD any for SI tranny?
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoogieDown

but your the clutchmaster??

check out ACT they will have what your looking for
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 vietnameeh will become famous soon enoughvietnameeh will become famous soon enoughvietnameeh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hey just wondering...on my pratically stock D16y7... what clutch should i use... iw as thinking OEM replacement...

but I do attend some track days and autox...prety much everymonth...

should i try and upgrade to like for example an exedy stage 1 or something?
vietnameeh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

BoogieDown: but your the clutchmaster??

no that's pretty funny a cheap shot but funny
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

For an almost storck power level, I'd look at an ACT HDSS, Exedy stage 1, or Centerforce...
They're all good for low power. Organic full face sprung disc, with a slightly stiffer PP are all you need.
On my turbo D16, I have an ACT XTSS and am very happy so far.
gpny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

I also have the act xtss and im very happy with it. Grabs really nice and pedel feel is great after you get used to the stiffness.
00civicsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 vietnameeh will become famous soon enoughvietnameeh will become famous soon enoughvietnameeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelsise
For an almost storck power level, I'd look at an ACT HDSS, Exedy stage 1, or Centerforce...
They're all good for low power. Organic full face sprung disc, with a slightly stiffer PP are all you need.
On my turbo D16, I have an ACT XTSS and am very happy so far.

ok cool thx
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Exedy!!!

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

my Exedy stock replacement worked fine when i was n/a, and i raced the shit out of it.

i cannot stress this enough: PROPERLY BREAK IN YOUR CLUTCH

i didnt and it only lasted 6 months, and was slipping after the first month

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trustnobitch

ryan89 how do you properly break in a clutch ?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustnobitch
ryan89 how do you properly break in a clutch ?
first 500 miles dont apply full engine load to the clutch...basically baby it, shift smooth, dont slam gears and dont go WOT

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trustnobitch

Thats easy , Thx
Old 11-17-2005, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
BoogieDown

lol sorry Clutch, its all in good fun. I have more clutch than I'll ever need. sprung 4puck kevlar disk w/ a heavy duty PP. Grabs like a Mutha just not good for the drive line. Get a lighter flywheel to, just not too light. Good luck with it.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

whas wrong with a too light flywheel?

from what i understand 7-10 lbs would be good for quick accel thru turns.. which is good for autox.. which is something i like

then 11+ is good for street/drag

im going with an exedy stage 1 with a findanza lightweight liek 8lb orwhatvere
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
hey just wondering...on my pratically stock D16y7... what clutch should i use... iw as thinking OEM replacement...

but I do attend some track days and autox...prety much everymonth...

should i try and upgrade to like for example an exedy stage 1 or something?
I honestly think the OEM EXEDY clutches are such good quality for the 95 bucks you pay..... I have one and it rocks, but stage 2 upgrade in the future.... im thinking EXEDY that too as well!!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:

from what i understand 7-10 lbs would be good for quick accel thru turns.. which is good for autox.. which is something i like

yeah I have an 11lb ACT and it works perfect for daily driving......and the occasional rip
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:

you will like that combo man
Old 11-17-2005, 09:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
you will like that combo man
thx... im geting a gretat deal on a exedy stage 1 ...150 bux! and i see fidanzas for liek 170 shipped on ebay ... does that sound right or do they go cheaper elsewhere?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
thx... im geting a gretat deal on a exedy stage 1 ...150 bux! and i see fidanzas for liek 170 shipped on ebay ... does that sound right or do they go cheaper elsewhere?
thats what I saw them for when I was looking for flys, nice deal on that clutch!!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ok ... looks like i bought th clutch now... i think i got scammed....this doesnt look likea stage 1...kind looks like a OE replacement is there...anyone have pix of wha the disc shoul look like on a exedy stage 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in