Car wont go into any gear.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silent Knight

Default Car wont go into any gear....

...when the car is stopped.(89 honda crx si). I just bought it and here's what it does. If you start the car with the shifter in neutral. it will not go into any gear. If you start it in reverse with the clutch depressed, you can drive normally and select the other gears. some stoplights however, it will not go into first. The shifter is very loose while its in gear so I ordered a stabilizer bushing kit today. I am going to change the fluid tonight. I have done some searching on this forum and appearantly, honda trannys rarely have syncro's go out. What else could be the cause of my problems. Oh.....I adjusted the clutch cable and that helped a little bit.
any input would be greatly appreciated. You guys are very knowledgeable (for the most part) j/k..
thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Silent Knight

ok...last night I changed the tranny fluid and put in Synchromesh. It feels better when I am driving but it still has a hard time going into gear at a stoplight. I tightened the clutch cable as much as I could. My shift stabilizer bushings should come in the mail tomarow but I am not sure if that will help. Could the loose linkage possible be the source of this problem.
thanks.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 spdracer22 smells like Boratspdracer22 smells like Boratspdracer22 smells like Boratspdracer22 smells like Boratspdracer22 smells like Boratspdracer22 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spdracer22 Send a message via Yahoo to spdracer22

possible bent shift forks, bad syncros, maybe... PM transzex, he's the tranny guru...

Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Silent Knight

I have discovered the problem. When I push the clutch all the way to the the floor. the tranny is engaged but just a little. I noticed that with the shifter in gear, clutch to the floor, and foot off the break, the car was moving. Just a little but still moving. The clutch
is still engaged at that position. If I let the clutch pedal up about 1.5-2 inches, I can select the gear that I need. even reverse. The cable is too tight and nees to be let out a bit. I hopw this helps someone else who might experience a similar situaton with a cable tranny.
thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Your pressure plate is messed up or the release fork is bent or both or the cable is adjusted wrong. You just bought it? maybe the previous owner broke it?
D-Series King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in