Cluth, Tranny problem. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dx97

Default Clutch not engaging...

Sup all. Well i swapped my tranny out and installed a new clutch.

The problem i am having is that the clutch is not engaging. It wont take any gears. I noticed some oil on the driveway today and thinkin maybe it could be coming from the slave cylinder. Also my friend said that it could be the Master cylinder cause he thought it was leaking. I am positive that the clutch was put in correctly, so i dont think thats what it is.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Dx97; 11-15-2005 at 10:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dx97

Ok. We tried bleeding the clutch but that didnt seem 2 help out any.

I dont see the slave cylinder leaking anywhere. I have had 3 or 4 people tell me that its the master cylinder. Im not loosing any fluid anywhere that i can see. There is a little fluid on the firewall tho so it might be leakin somewhere back there. I had a friend look at it today and he said that a seal could be blown or something like that.

Can i get some insight on this please?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicspy70 Send a message via MSN to civicspy70

u should have a better inspection of the fluid, smell the fluid on the drive to see if it smells like oil, anti-freeze, or trassmission fluid, Chances are if it never leaked before you did the clutch and started after you installed the clutch its trassmission related
civicspy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dx97

Yea.. well like i said i know that i did everything the way i was suppose to.. Im sure it isnt the shift linkage or anything. The clutch is just not engaging at all. I can be cruising in 4th at 3,000 rpm and press the clutch and the rpms dont drop. It stays constant which lets me know that the clutch isnt engaging. Also i have to stop at every red light, cut the car off, put it in gear then crank it up and haul ass cause thats the only way it will go which is another reason i know the clutch isnt engaging. So i dont know what the crap it could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in