Transmission Idea - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Transmission Idea

I had an interesting Idea, not sure as to how it would work, but what if you could shave your entire center column of your shifter and replace it with 2 paddle switches behind your steering wheel, I had an Idea of how to do it. Assuming that (and I honestly have no Idea how it works) Automatic transmissions are controlled by the ecu, could you hijack the signal needed to make it shift up and down and reroute that signal through those 2 switches. If this isn't the case does anyone have any Ideas of how to get this too work?
W1ccaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Dont know, and there would be a tranny safety issue there....you could bump the downshift button while going 70mph, and blow your motor in an instant, or your tranny...

edit: i've blown 3 auto trannies in civics....i know.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 red4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to red4

it would probably be a lot more complicated than you are describing. ferarri's come with a paddle shift technology like you are talking about though, i believe. probably not worth all of the work to do it to a civic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
red4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah thats where I got the idea, does anyone know how they do it?
W1ccaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 red4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to red4

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ccaboy
with a very expensive transmission, lol. definitely not something you're going to be able to do in your backyard with some speaker wire and a couple switches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
red4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

maby it can be done w/ the squential shifter on the newer cars audi, mitsu,- its like an auto tranny so liek hook up the sensor relays on the + and - to some diy paddles behind the steering wheel and wala! presto chango u's gots shifter padels
but it will probly be still slow shifting like when it was still stock

but im sure theres more to it than that + also much more fabrication for this stuff
but yea ideas and such~so like dream on

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker
Dont know, and there would be a tranny safety issue there....you could bump the downshift button while going 70mph, and blow your motor in an instant, or your tranny...

edit: i've blown 3 auto trannies in civics....i know.
how did u blow 3??? damn..... neutral bombs?? lol I dunno...
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
how did u blow 3??? damn..... neutral bombs?? lol I dunno...
high miles, a few n-bombs here and there...

it was actually 2, since my last one, I sold to DOG, and its been fine for him

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

i would say that mista bone might know something about this...??

but my $.02 would be to check a helms or go to honda for a wiring diagram, and splice into the wires to make switches.. i dont know too much about auto trannies but i do know thing or two about wiring!

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2005, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
5gencivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ccaboy
The trans is a piece that costs like $20,000 alone. It is a fully functional 6 speed manual that uses computerized mechanics to control shifting. It not only controls the gears but the throttle and clutch.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2005, 02:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You can't do it on a honda tranny since the floor shifter is actually moving a cable which is moving an arm on the tranny in order to change gears. The wiring to the shifter is only for the lights on the dash and the ignition lock solenoid and the reverse lights.
D-Series King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in