Aftermarket Gears 3rd & FD - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Aftermarket Gears 3rd & FD

I have been doing some research and am hoping to build an L3 (cable) tranny with a 4.7 FD and 1.565 3rd gear.

I came across a third gear set on Amazon - the brand is "Eurotek" which I had not heard of. Does anyone have any feedback on these? https://www.amazon.com/EUROTEK-Honda...rds=1.565+gear

I also found a 4.7 final drive set on Amazon - the brand is "Border" again, this isn't a name I recognized but the pricing seems reasonable.
https://www.amazon.com/BORDER-Honda-....7+final+cable

Any feedback anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of any of these pieces for sale, please let me know. I'm not able to view the classifieds yet.

I would even consider going with MFactory for the FD and the Eurotek 3rd gear set.

This transmission would be used for a track car that does not get shifted very often at all (only under cautions).
curiousH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

no reviews from buyers, only 3 left on everything....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Never heard of them.

Border and Eurotek are the same company.

Eurotek Nissan 180sx 240sx sr20 T s13 s14 S15 Silvia 3rd 1 285 Gear Close Ratio | eBay

If you look here is says brand is "Border" and country of origin is unknown but yet they know it was made with japanese steel...

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/83700232966...908262/?type=3

Corporate website: It's wrote in Taiwan or whatever it is over there but you can still make your way through the site

????????

EDIT: LOL the website pops up all ? marks but it's legit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 07-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Just like Quaife LSD's for $400, less than 6 left. not for a Honda but still....All using "stock" photos....

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

For the price of that border unit, why not go with a reputable brand like mfactory?

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Huh, I bought one for a project, will see how this goes.

Is this like Gear-x or something
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 MFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory

They are the same brand/company i.e Border in Taiwan/China

Considering they copied word-for-word all of our product descriptions, and couldn't even be bothered to write their own, I'll let you guys decide on that one...

If all you care about is cost, please feel free to give them a try (just don't complain about it afterwards if something bad happens, as the only replies you'll get then is "I told you so").

If you want the full local customer support and warranty, you can order the MFactory parts from WDR
MFactory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thank you for the feedback folks.

I agree, certainly for the difference in the price of the final drive, the MFactory is the way to go. The 3rd gear is a fair cost savings, but if it turns out to be junk and wrecks other components, well..you know.

More than anything, I just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience with these parts.

To the person who ordered the 3rd gear set, if you could share with us your experience when the part comes, I'd appreciate it.
curiousH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

After OBX issues, no thanks!!!!!

I while be installing a B16 plated diff, 1.0 way 80% locked, and 88-91 B16 FD, all MFactory for a customer soon.

Thanks Stephen!

Quote:
Old 07-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

"To the person".... SMH

I'll run it cause it's a D-series and I can build one high, drunk, and half asleep.

I guess they (These gears) are not straight cut which is also interesting. Maybe a little stronger/less lash?

The backlash is the most annoying part of the straight cut Gears.

I plan on doing a 1.565-1.25-.878x4.25 for a 300hp turbo dude friend. With this.

Are the 1.00s easy to come across anywhere? Any 3.08 1sts left anyone?

Any OBX diffs you dont want? I aint scared of grenading transmissions. I'll take them.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 MFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropesMFactory is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory

We have both Helical and Straight-Cut available, as well as the 1st gears. Contact WDR to order.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
We have both Helical and Straight-Cut available, as well as the 1st gears. Contact WDR to order.

......Naahhhh.....
Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

MFactory and Gear-X are the only companies with the gears/ratios that you require.

You will not be able to (or should not) order from Border/Eurotek, as legal proceedings are now under way against them for breach of trademark/copyright.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
You will not be able to (or should not) order from Border/Eurotek, as legal proceedings are now under way against them for breach of trademark/copyright.
Because China always follows international laws and rulings...

So was this a factory that was making parts for y'all and then started selling the parts as "Border/Eurotek" with all your specs?

EDIT: It appears you can still purchase these from Amazon... JS

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

This is a company that has "tried" to copy our parts over the past several years. You will notice that most of their parts on offer are similar spec to our old clearance parts (from 12 years ago), as they do not yet have the technical capability to copy our updated or more advanced parts.

In terms of laws, for a foreign company (i.e Outside China), you are correct; there is absolutely nothing you can do tbh as the PRC government will just deny anything.

However, we also have a corporation set up in China to solely handle the China market, so that makes our trademarks and copyrights valid in China (which the PRC government actually takes very seriously), of which they cannot deny as Border is also a legal entity in China.

Border don't actually make any of their parts. I know exactly the source of their drivetrain components, as this same source have also fueled several other (now defunct) companies that tried to do the same thing.

Basically, we can't shut down a "factory" that makes the parts, but we can shut down companies that sell & market their parts that infringe upon our trademarks/copyrights. Border is but one of a long list of companies that we've taken legal proceedings against/shut down.

You can still purchase these parts (provided they have them in stock stateside) as it is a US company (Racingfreak) that is selling the parts; they just buy/import them from Border. I have provided warning to Racingfreak, of whom basically just told me to F off, so this eBay/Amazon company is going to feel the full force of the law very shortly.

Last edited by MFactory; 07-13-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Props to them for bringing the price down. Shits getting out of control in the (import) car parts world. Too bad they didn't make the 1.346 or whatever ZC is.

Look how quick I bought one at their cheaper price. I knew it was the same shit you use save the sticker and price markup and "Customer service" BS. It's not like there's more than one machine that makes these.

Funny that company the Almighty MFactory uses is selling beneath them. Hahaha go China.

Thats what you get for using Chinese production companies!! Hahah

Anyway

Go get em! aha

Last edited by TheToaster; 07-14-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Actually, no, all of our gears are made in-house in Taiwan, not China. If you were subscribed to our newsletter, you would know the full inner workings of our company as we are fully transparent about our manufacturing.

These parts are cheap for one reason; and I'll let you guess why.

P.S Yes, there is more than "one machine" that needs to be used to make these. It is not simply putting a bit of metal into a CNC machine and cutting it into the shape of a gear.

Last edited by MFactory; 07-14-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Don't bother arguing with Toaster, he thinks he knows way more than he does. Fortunately everyone on here knows this.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hey, dickheads.

That gear has been holding up to me and 200whp D17 Stage 4 clutch 10 pound flywheel for 2 years.

Glad I didn't buy from you, wish they had some more available. I don't have the money to give MFactory to make advertising stickers and dumb shit.

Make parts affordable again.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

You might wanna consider what it costs to have an OEM part scanned and designed to be replicated in similar OEM material to meet rules of the sanctioning racing body, the initial run is NOT CHEAP and having enough buyers so no one gets "stiffed" by product sitting on the shelve not sold.

A good friend/customer/drinking buddy/SCCA National Champion Crew Chief set up a group buy for a .875 92-93 GSR 5th gear, needed 30 buyers before the company would do the cutting.

Yes, it was Gear-X and I'm not sure on all the details behind the scene. MFactory/YCW likely has the same contacts. Chris/Aquafina on here tried to do a group buy on the ZC gearsets, but didn't get enough takers.

I will say this, having ordered a few MFactory LSD's through Synchrotech including a few that are not stock in USA, but have to come from Hong Kong via UPS Air, I'm VERY happy with their customer service.

Also MFactory LSD installs. I rarely have to shim them, aka change the shim. I do recall one that needed a huge .15mm thinner shim but the rest were just drop in with OEM shim in place, check it, and go. Generally the MF's (torsen and plated) run .002" narrower resulting is a slightly loose bearing gap which I'm very happy with due to heat issues in a racing setup.

So in general, DSO Peeps are brokedickheads, been there, done that.

Just like the OBX LSD's I installed many moons ago, about 75-80% are still holding up...the rest went KABOOM!

Unless you wanna buy in lots of 100, 300, 1000, short production runs are expensive.

Now lets talk about L3/S20 shifter forks....ready to pay $250 a pop for each one out of billet alum. ? I have racers willing to pay it so not that have a track failure, or extra rebuilds as I search through core trannys looking for good OEM replacements.

Remember, I bought all the shifter forks in Honda USA inventory at the time after the Tsunami....

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
border, cable l3, eurotek, final drive, mfactory

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in